Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE 'NORTH WEST' PHOTO'S/VIDEO's ALBUM ?...

Options
  • 20-04-2006 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

I feel sure that we must have a massive, library of individual's Photo's & Video's that would prove of interest to everyone that visits the N.W. Forum.

Why not post your favoutite photo's or video's on this thread, be they of your Home area, nice views, your family, friends, events, even yourself !.

It could even help to promote more tourism in this neglected part of Ireland.

Maybe someone who knows a simple non-techie uncomplicated way of uploading same straight on to here, might give us a few tips on how to do this, as I personally have a lot of photo's and some video of the Twin-Towns stretching back over 50 years. but I have not got a clue on how to get them uploaded direct on to a thread ?....

Just an idea, so who is going to be the first too let us have a look at your home area etc,etc, ?.... :) .

After all, they do say " A picture is worth a thousand words " :) Even those of new babies , marriage's etc. The N.W. Forum the real family forum !.

P. :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Paddy20 wrote:
    I feel sure that we must have a massive, library of individual's Photo's & Video's that would prove of interest to everyone that visits the N.W. Forum.

Why not post your favoutite photo's or video's on this thread, be they of your Home area, nice views, your family, friends, events, even yourself !.

It could even help to promote more tourism in this neglected part of Ireland.

Maybe someone who knows a simple non-techie uncomplicated way of uploading same straight on to here, might give us a few tips on how to do this, as I personally have a lot of photo's and some video of the Twin-Towns stretching back over 50 years. but I have not got a clue on how to get them uploaded direct on to a thread ?....

Just an idea, so who is going to be the first too let us have a look at your home area etc,etc, ?.... :) .

After all, they do say " A picture is worth a thousand words " :)Even those of new babies , marriage's etc. The N.W. Forum the real family forum !.

Paddy,

If you want to see Nanook's baby, ask him.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

smashey wrote:
    Paddy,

If you want to see Nanook's baby, ask him.;)

Yep, good idea. Start off a new thread with a photo of one of our Mods new baby :) O.K. Nanook we are waiting for the photo ;) .

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

What about posting a photo of me.

Only problem is that it would cause all sorts of problems on the boards.ie servers with the stampede of women looking to view it ;)

Good idea about the photos Paddy. Not sure if the video thing can be done though. There is a photography forum here somewhere if anyone wants help/advice with uploading the photos.

Might make it a sticky if it goes well

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

There is no problem with videos, they just have to be hosted. New comp here, no photos yet!

muffler wrote:
    What about posting a photo of me.

Only problem is that it would cause all sorts of problems on the boards.ie servers with the stampede of women looking to view it ;)

l

I think with a bit of make up applied by your missus, we could avoid the "Stampede", So lets be having pics of our Mods, just to get started of course .

After all there has been a couple of photo's of me in my sig for a long time, and I am still alive, and kicking ;) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

make you all a deal, if you want a pic of peanut (long story) and if someone can tell me how to link it here then i will post it.

Very observant smashey

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Peanut. :):D

Is it on your pc?

You can either go to a site like www.photobucket.com and upload it. They will provide a link.
    Or else, go to advanced while replying to this thread. Manage attachments, browse for it on your pc and upload it straight here into your post.
    Like...below.
    (Don't judge me on my example. :D)

Right. This is my first effort at this.

Hey Muffler,

I recognise the Lady in the background. I know who you are. I know who you are.:p

smashey wrote:
    Hey Muffler,

I recognise the Lady in the background. I know who you are. I know who you are.:p

You would not recognise that woman in the backgound as she is wearing clothes which is a bit of a drawback considering your escapades with women.:D

Has my cover been blown? Nah, nobody will recognise me with that mask on:D :D

• Advertisement

Don't worry, I was just trying it on to see what kind of response I would get. Your anonymity is safe. For now. As I said a few weeks ago, I think you are from the Letterkenny area.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭bettlebrox

If anyone is interested I set up a Donegal group at flickr.com, a photo site, at http://flickr.com/groups/donegal/

If you've pics of Donegal that you thing will help attract tourists feel free to joing flickr and post them to the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

i was thinking about this, not going to upload here but if anyone wants piccies i will forward a link in a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Miss Polaris

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50741430&postcount=36

Some photos from under the water in the NW

Miss Polaris & Beetlebrox,

At last this thread is coming too life, and could become very interesting , entertaning , educational as well as historically important, which is what I hoped .

Your photo's are very much appreciated, at least by me , and may well encourage others to post their gems :) .

Thanks Paddy

Have lots more....should I clutter the thread!!!LOL

Thanks Paddy

Have lots more....should I clutter the thread!!!LOL

Yes, Please :)

Tory Island
    Port Na Blagh
    Sunfish (Mola Mola) off Horn Head

Bunbeg
    Frenchman Rocks off Downings
    Horn Head
    Port Na Blagh Pier

Hey, those are 'first class', especially when expanded to Full screen, beautifully composed and wonderful quality ;) .

• Advertisement

((blush))) thank you!

will get some more later - even though low res for upload they seem ok!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yes, good work Miss Polaris, and bettlebrox (some good Donegal images there).

Must take a look at some photoCD archives to see if I've any worthy of making public! :)

byte wrote:
    Yes, good work Miss Polaris, and bettlebrox (some good Donegal images there).

Must take a look at some photoCD archives to see if I've any worthy of making public! :)

Yes, c'mon byte. I know that there are some real photographic treasures in people's homes that are just dying to be exposed to a World Wide audience.

It is hard work getting them sorted and uploaded, but think of the enjoyment and appreciation you are spreading, especially amongst our ex-Pats abroad :) .

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yup, I should have a few good ones of Donegal scenery from various locations, it'll just take a bit of time to find them all, and get them uploaded!

Here's some I took that I've posted at Flickr:

Tullan Strand @ Bundoran:
    http://flickr.com/photos/timony/87461824/

Light house & Sunset at Saint John's Point:
    http://flickr.com/photos/timony/82276454/

Near Saint Ernan's:
    http://flickr.com/photos/timony/87454456/

Well done beetlebrox.

I really enjoyed watching your photo's as a slideshow, really entertaining with many gems :) .

This thread has reminded me of a song !, All together now - Every day its getting better, its getting better all the time I can not remember any more of it, old age you see :eek: and a tad off topic as well.

Anyway, it is not often that a thread makes me want too sing !, Must be the Photo's ?....

bettlebrox wrote:
    Here's some I took that I've posted at Flickr:

Tullan Strand @ Bundoran:
    http://flickr.com/photos/timony/87461824/

Light house & Sunset at Saint John's Point:
    http://flickr.com/photos/timony/82276454/

Near Saint Ernan's:
    http://flickr.com/photos/timony/87454456/

Nice ones!!

Thanks for the complements Paddy20 & Miss Polaris! Glad U like them, tis my wee bit to promote Donegal.

Some nices pics of Dungloe, The Rosss, & Aranmore here:
    www.rossesparishes.com

• Advertisement

How come Miss Polaris & Beetlbrox are having to continually lead the way in being kind enough to share their photo's with us ?...

As I stated before, there is no doubt that there are 'Thousands of photographs, be they of family, local characters, faces, scenery, towns, special events etc, that would be really appreciated on this thread, remember people are interested in 'photographic images old or new' and we have people logging in to this North - West forum, from all over the World.

So why not participate, and show the rest of Boards.ie and the WEB just what our special North-West really has too offer ;) .

I just know in my heart, that you can do it :D

Advertisement