Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacement chipped key for Fiesta

Options
  • 20-04-2006 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

Just my luck - cannot find the spare key and buyer coming this evening to collect - anyone know where I can get one cut in Dublin that won't cost me an arm and a leg that the Ford garage wants to charge? Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

hk797 wrote:
    Just my luck - cannot find the spare key and buyer coming this evening to collect - anyone know where I can get one cut in Dublin that won't cost me an arm and a leg that the Ford garage wants to charge? Any help appreciated.

Did you promise the buyer a spare key? If so, you could just apologise and see whether he'll accept, say, €50 off the price of the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

if you didnot tell him you have a spare key then just leave it and donot give him a second key.just sell the car and be happy:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭hk797

Thks for that Anan1 and drdre - yes I did promise one - have'nt needed it since we bought it - have moved house since so God only knows where it is :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

hk797 wrote:
    Thks for that Anan1 and drdre - yes I did promise one - have'nt needed it since we bought it - have moved house since so God only knows where it is :rolleyes:

call these guys and see what they say
    http://www.securityireland.com/company%5Fprofile/?ID=256

as other people on boards have used this company and said it good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭hk797

drdre wrote:
    call these guys and see what they say
    http://www.securityireland.com/company%5Fprofile/?ID=256

as other people on boards have used this company and said it good

Thks for that - Ford want 130 yo yos :eek: - have to book the car in for 2 hours - not going to happen tonight - funny thing is I know where ever the spare key is its in a very very safe place :D - looks like I'm wingin it - why change the habit of a lifetime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

hk797 wrote:
    Thks for that - Ford want 130 yo yos :eek: - have to book the car in for 2 hours - not going to happen tonight - funny thing is I know where ever the spare key is its in a very very safe place :D - looks like I'm wingin it - why change the habit of a lifetime

As is always the way with these things, it'll turn up very shortly after you've cut another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

if you already have 2 chipped keys for that car then you can chip another key your self,but if you only have 1 chipped key then its a main dealer job.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I think you can get a jey with an uncoded chip (don't know how €€€), then use the instructions in the owners manual to programme it yourself. This may be Mazda, but i think i remember doing it for my Granny on either the 323 or focus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

If the fiesta is pre '98 you can code a spare key yourself off the master (red) key. If its a later type that comes with 2 black pats keys well then it will be a dealer job. If it is the earlier the key is 36.58 euro. Price is the same on the later type but then there will be the 'ol labour charge...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

If the fiesta is pre '98 you can code a spare key yourself off the master (red) key. If its a later type that comes with 2 black pats keys well then it will be a dealer job. If it is the earlier the key is 36.58 euro. Price is the same on the later type but then there will be the 'ol labour charge...
    you can code the later types yourself,only if you have 2 coded keys(red tab)already.
    main dealer job only if you have one coded key & need another one;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

mondeoman wrote:
    you can code the later types yourself,only if you have 2 coded keys(red tab)already.
    main dealer job only if you have one coded key & need another one;)

We've been screwing alot people over the years so:p

Advertisement