Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edward Rutherfurd

Options
  • 20-04-2006 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭

Edward has written two books now regarding the history of Ireland.

The Princes of Ireland and The Rebels of Ireland.

I'm currently reading The Rebels Of Ireland.

Any comments on the historic accuracy of both or either?

BTW I enjoy reading everyone's comments and am picking up quite a bit on Irish history from all of you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mick86

Edward has written two books now regarding the history of Ireland.

The Princes of Ireland and The Rebels of Ireland.

I'm currently reading The Rebels Of Ireland.

Any comments on the historic accuracy of both or either?

BTW I enjoy reading everyone's comments and am picking up quite a bit on Irish history from all of you.

I've made two attempts to read the first one but cannot get into it. I read Sarum, The Forest and London and found them great. Why am I not taken with Ireland? Perhaps its my previous experience with Leon Uris utterly dire Trinity or Morgan Llwellyn's equally dire books. Outsiders should not write about Ireland. C'est la vie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

whats wrong with Llwellyn books, there bit romanticised but I enjoyed them, I''d like to read more historical fiction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mick86

whats wrong with Llwellyn books, there bit romanticised but I enjoyed them, I''d like to read more historical fiction

Maybe it's just me.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭AdrianR

Perhaps its my previous experience with Leon Uris utterly dire Trinity or Morgan Llwellyn's equally dire books. Outsiders should not write about Ireland. C'est la vie.

I read Leon Uris book about 1798, I didn't find it bad as a fiction novel but it irked me that he couldn't get simple geographical facts correct. I read Trinity too, again I didn't think it was bad as a fiction novel, but I wouldn't take him too seriously.

Advertisement