Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OZ release in europe?

• 20-04-2006 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Last time i checked it hadnt got a european (pal) DVD release, anyone hear anything different?

Brilliant show, used to be addicted to it back when it was on TG4.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Brilliant show, used to be addicted to it back when it was on TG4.

Me too. I dont know about the Europe region.
    But im thinking of buying the entire (six?) seasons box set off ebay or some other seller. I dont care which region tbh as long as its in the same language.

Check your DVD player for a model number and try get the region disabler code off another site. It worked with mine two years ago but i have the xbox chipped now.

Currently, i have seen nearly all of the first three seasons of the O.Z.

Theres only one thing i am confused about though. Augustus Hill (the guy in the wheelchair)
    Trys to escape by getting into a coffin at the end of season two, in season three hes back again without explanation / discussion.

I'll have to get it all. This show, the X Files and Red Dwarf are my new prioritys.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WallysWorld

I remember the episode but its a while since i seen it, does he actually go through with the escape or back out at the last moment?

For an episode guide check out: http://www.hbo.com/oz/index.shtml

Its a good site its also pretty easy to avoid spoilers, I envy you the chance of getting to watch it all fresh, its the sort of show you want to watch new every time, the impact is so great.

You see him getting into the casket at the end of season 2. Then hes magically back in Oz in season 3 without explanation. Maybe it was some sort of way to show us that if anyone wanted to get out of Oz they would have to be dead.

Just read the prices they (HBO) are asking for seasons 1-5.
    http://store.hbo.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2020575
    OZ Seasons 1-5 DVD Set
    Our Price: $324.90

Yeah right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Id love Oz on DVD its such a cool show, but dont have a multiregion DVD player.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WallysWorld

$324.90?!!!:eek: Good God add shipping to that and its over $350 easily!

The guys that made oz were big on the fact that even when were not there watching life in oz goes on, if you get me, so Hill could have been caught and punished in the time between series 2 and 3 and we never know, although it does seem a little odd that its not mentioned at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009HBP9Y/qid=1145903485/sr=1-10/ref=sr_1_10/104-8779645-0150348?%5Fencoding=UTF8&s=dvd&v=glance&n=130

Amazon US has the 5 series boxset for $250 + $15 delivery, about €220.
    If that's too much ine one go you could hunt around and buy the individual series', which come to about $50 new or about half that from used sellers.

Mate of mine did this and due to him not having a region 1 player or hack for it, gave them to me to rip/re-encode...in return for a copy of each :D

Would it be wise to buy off ebay? I seen a few entire seasons for < $100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

You see him getting into the casket at the end of season 2. Then hes magically back in Oz in season 3 without explanation. Maybe it was some sort of way to show us that if anyone wanted to get out of Oz they would have to be dead.

Naah - he escaped, changed his identity, got out of the wheelchair, and disappeared on an island in the Pacfic :)http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0674782/

I presume when he gets off the island, he'll be sent back in time, to the start of season 3 of Oz:D

Yakuza wrote:
    Naah - he escaped, changed his identity, got out of the wheelchair, and disappeared on an island in the Pacfic :)http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0674782/

I presume when he gets off the island, he'll be sent back in time, to the start of season 3 of Oz:D

Anythings possible on Lost.

Simon Adebisi also hopped into the casket on top of Augustus (scary), they were fed ex'ed to the Island by mistake.

Then Adebisi changed his name to Eko ( too much mega drive ) and got Kenny to send him a plane full of tits.

1044212598_bisiSimon1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Would it be wise to buy off ebay? I seen a few entire seasons for < $100.
    nope, IMHO, but every1 else seems to swear by it. Every other ''where do I get this'' thread, some1 seems to suggest ebay, lol. :D
    Then Adebisi changed his name to Eko ( too much mega drive ) and got Kenny to send him a plane full of tits.
    ROFLMAO

• Advertisement
Advertisement