Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Side footy -astro/grass

Options
  • 20-04-2006 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭

Hi,
    im living northside-clontarf area and im looking to join in in a game of astro turf or grass pitch soccer. I play to a decent level and am new to this area so if youre short numbers ,give me a shout. i can play any time after 6 usually any day of the week, but weekdays preferably.
    Thanks,,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 maurice06

You can try foot.ie

There run an artro turf league...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I play in Malahide on a monday night...not sure what the story is for numbers as I dont control it but Im sure we could squeeze in another punter :-)

Monday night 9-10...interested? Its only a bit of craic ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

sounds good. i could make it tonight. get back to me with details
    thanks.

am bump

MrJones wrote:
    Hi,
    im living northside-clontarf area and im looking to join in in a game of astro turf or grass pitch soccer. I play to a decent level and am new to this area so if youre short numbers ,give me a shout. i can play any time after 6 usually any day of the week, but weekdays preferably.
    Thanks,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

apart from foot.ie which run leagues, is there any sites/groups that just play games or organise games.

i'm currently playing but the group arn't reliable

• Advertisement

i dont know man.
    we could organize one on boards here if you like..
    T&#225 wrote: »
    apart from foot.ie which run leagues, is there any sites/groups that just play games or organise games.

i'm currently playing but the group arn't reliable

yeah i actually thought that myself.

maybe start a 5-a-side forum and advertise spaces in games that are happening that week or that night.

if it took off, it could look after itself. if a member wanted to organise a game, they could book a pitch, for 3 days or more ahead. put up a post advertising the game, location and time and wait on replies. once they have 10 definites then bobs your aunties brother.

good / bad idea? pro's / cons?

could definitely work.
    now that's it summer, could just have 5-asides on grass in fairview park or somewhere but astroturf is ok too.
    look into it next week me thinks...
    yeah i actually thought that myself.

maybe start a 5-a-side forum and advertise spaces in games that are happening that week or that night.

if it took off, it could look after itself. if a member wanted to organise a game, they could book a pitch, for 3 days or more ahead. put up a post advertising the game, location and time and wait on replies. once they have 10 definites then bobs your aunties brother.

good / bad idea? pro's / cons?

yeah cool. get back to me

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I have been looking for a good game for a while....could be a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

id be interested too, fairview park would be good for me.
    anyone else?

Dub13 wrote:
    I have been looking for a good game for a while....could be a good idea.

from a MOD? i'm honoured! ;)

RE FAIRVIEW PARK: well its really up to the initial organiser. i mean if i decided to organise a game, i'd put up a post for the astro park in coolock. however if i wanted a game and there was a thread for fairview park, i would drive to it no problem. does fairview have 5-a-side pitch's? i think ya really need goals wit nets etc as jumpers for goalposts are so last year :D and could cause aggro for 10 strangers off the net who barely know each other trying to decide was it in, over or wide!!!

booking pitch's may be a problem as you need an account with astro park before you can book. maybe someone else could update me on that?

my idea would be to put it in the SPORT drop down. name it 5-A-Side. when people want to organise a game they ideally would organise it for 3 days ahead in order to get the numbers up. then people could arrange a date, time and venue to be discussed openly or thru PM's. then pay on arrival. it can be ten people off the net or you can bring friends. if it works out and the group(s) enjoy it then they can just block book pitch's and forget about posting threads :(

anymore suggestions and or ideas? how does one go about getting a new forum set-up?

right how about we organise a 5-aside game(or as close to that as possible) for Fairview Park for Tuesday evening, starting tommorow evening at 7.30 pm.
    It will probably be jumpers for goalposts initially but sure it's all about the quality of the football!
    Ok so post back if you're able to make it tommorow eve.

NO i wont be able to make it tomorrow. we really should get the forum set-up though as getting people who may be interested in five a side will not be reading through the Dublin City forum for games. SPORT FORUM is yer only man

ok tack,you have a point, a forum could be a good long term solution.
    i had a look and you need to request a forum to be added but you need sufficient privileges.

shout out to ...Dub13, can you do the honours of requesting a 5 Aside Soccer forum to be added under Sports Forums ..seen as you are a moderator..
    much appreciated...in the meantime tommorow evening???

see signature! support the cause

cool man!
    see signature! support the cause

Advertisement