Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will American PSP games work on my PSP?

• 20-04-2006 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am going to NY for a week in May and I am bringing my PSP to keep me company on the plane!

If I see a bargain in NY I might buy the odd PSP game but I am not sure if they would work on my PSP?

Also, where can I get an adapter thingy so I can plug my PSP into American sockets to charge it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

psp games are region-free, so US games will work fine over here. i've seen GAME selling 2nd hand US ridge racers..

try maplin (city center or blanchardstown) for the adapter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

The games will work fine, but you may have trouble when you are playing multiplayer games. My nephew has an American version of GTA and it wont work with my [European] copy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The games will play fine in single player mode on any PSP. But you won't be able to play multiplayer with people who have the EU version of the same game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

robinph wrote:
    The games will play fine in single player mode on any PSP. But you won't be able to play multiplayer with people who have the EU version of the same game.

Ahh never thought of that! I don't play multiplayer anyway as none of my mates have a PSP! Plus they aint a big kid either :D

I must look out for the adapter so I can charge it in the states!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

py2006 wrote:
    I must look out for the adapter so I can charge it in the states!

The adapter that you already have with the PSP will work on the US power, you just need the pin adapter.

To save space on the number of power blocks that I need to carry with me though I take a combination of something like this and then one of these for each device I'm carrying that will charge from a USB socket.

Advertisement