Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wow

Options
  • 20-04-2006 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

Just watched the entire series in the past week or two and the film just now i, IM A CONVERT, what a great show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Yeah, same here. We're never going to see more of it though. I can't see Serenity converting many people. It seemed to be aimed purely at the fans of the series. I'm glad I didn't go to it in the cinema because I think if I'd seen it before the series, I wouldn't have wanted to watch the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

which would you prefer another run of tv eps or another film?

and what type of scfi swearing do you prefer Chinese or frack?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Chinese definitely.

And really, I'd prefer another series. I'm not sure where to put it though. If they put it between the first series and the film they could *** SPOILER *** keep Book and Wash in it but you'd lose most of River's "super-powers" for want of a better term.

At this stage though, another series is much less likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Um...why would they do that? As far as I know they used the comics to finish out the storyline of season 1, then adapted the storyline for season 2 into serenity. If they make another series, it'd be after and take up the storyline where it was left off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

I think Serenity actually has converted quite a few people, and it wasn't really aimed just at fans. A lot of fans have even got kind of angry about the events in the film. Hey, on amazon.com the 'Firefly' boxset is number 8 in the DVD charts, and this is several years after it was released. So it seems people are still getting into the show.

Also, I agree, if the series were to return it would most likely take place after 'Serenity'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Serenity converted me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Just finished the series after seeing the film, then i went out and bought the film :). Best show I have seen in years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

RealJohn wrote:
    Yeah, same here. We're never going to see more of it though. I can't see Serenity converting many people. It seemed to be aimed purely at the fans of the series. I'm glad I didn't go to it in the cinema because I think if I'd seen it before the series, I wouldn't have wanted to watch the series.

Funny, I think a lot of Firefly fans discovered the series through the film. It certainly wasn't aimed just at the fans, there was far too much exposition for that (and I must say, some of the best-handled exposition I've ever seen in a film), and, well frankly, it was just a damn good sci-fi film. Certainly could've taught Star Wars a thing or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I too was converted to Firefly from Serenity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Saw the series first and the film rocked my boat, but then again... the gap between episodes is a few weeks, perhaps something there... wishful thinking really as im finding it hard to think of a new series (if it ever happens) without Wash and Book, oh and with Enara a little out of the picture and Zoe now a widow... could turn interesting trying to write material.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

RealJohn wrote:

Ditto...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ganeagla

i converted from the movie too - didn't know a thing about firefly and I love love loved every minute of the movie and bought firefly on the strength of that. best movie i saw last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

I must be one of the few people who didn't catch it in the beginning but didn't come from the film. I didn't see it in the cinema, but I heard on the internet that it was teh shiznitzorz so, when I saw it on sale in HMV I bought it.
    Yay for impulse-buying.
    So far I've managed to get four other folks to watch it and love it, even including my dad!
    The more we proselytise, the more fans there are, the more likely it is that there's a market, the more likely there is to be more stuff...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I did absolutely nothing this weekend except watch every episode.
    I now need to get my hands on the film.
    I'm disgusted that it got the chop without answering my questions!

Advertisement