Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off campus access to electronic journals

Options
  • 20-04-2006 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Ok, I know how to access electronic journals off campus through the library website and UCD connect etc. But does anyone know if there is off-campus access to the journal entitled "Science?"

Is there off campus access to all the electronic journals on the library website or just to the ones with "Information on off-campus access" written beside the title?

I've been trying to figure this out for too long!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Science is a journal, whose contents may be accessible through a database like ScienceDirect.

To get to it:

Go to my library.
    Click Databases.
    Click the 'world' icon beside the one you want to view. science direct is a good starting point and ridiculously easy to use.

hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Ok well I want to access the Economist website (which requires subscription) and I'm pretty sure that UCD has access.....how do i get on it? I cant find it in electronic resources. I found it in journals but its only access to copies of articles, not the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

Red Alert wrote:
    Science is a journal, whose contents may be accessible through a database like ScienceDirect.

Nope, it's not accessible through Science Direct. I've tried that already. You must be able to access Science on campus because it's one of the biggest journals there is so surely I can access it off-campus too! Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

TheVan wrote:
    Ok well I want to access the Economist website (which requires subscription) and I'm pretty sure that UCD has access.....how do i get on it? I cant find it in electronic resources. I found it in journals but its only access to copies of articles, not the website.

I don't think UCD has an economist account. LexisNexis allows you to search for archived articles but you have to be pretty sure what you're looking for so that might not be much good to you.

We don't even have access to the Irish Times ffs.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 locococo

Hi,

Science magazine is only accessible on campus. If it doesn't have the globe or the "information about off campus access" link in the journals searching site at http://jq6am9xs3s.search.serialssolutions.com/, then it isn't available outside UCD. Hope this helps!

loco

• Advertisement
Advertisement