Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Advice about who to go with!

• 20-04-2006 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Well I've just had Smart at the door and they certainly do seem impressive! Not difficult coz at the moment all we have is Ripwave because we were waiting for NTL...
    Still no sign of NTL and Smart is a really good deal and if what I read on here is accurate I can't really go wrong. The only problem I have is the whole phone thing. Firstly I'm not mad on the idea of changing the number, though I can see why it's necessary. This was originally the main reason why I didn't want to go with Smart. We also have UTV Talk with free calls to landlines here and in the UK off peak and weekends though realistically we'd both use the phone a fair bit right through the day and there are a lot of calls to mobiles.
    Do people here with Smart find a real difference with the phone bill as well? I've thought about using VOIP instead for business calls and of course that's impossible with Ripwave but would it make financial sense?
    Sorry this is so rambling - I'm still trying to work things out in my head. Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I have SMART and although I don't use the phone that much but did notice that a recent call to the UK in the evening was about 40c cheaper than eircom.

Plus the fact that SMART give free line rental for the 1st 100000 customers which basically means you get a 3Mbit connection for just under €11 per month.

:D

Advertisement