Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby in waterford

Options
  • 20-04-2006 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

Okay ,basically ive recently become interested in Rugby and would like to join a team.the thing is im 17 now and know vertually nothing about the sport so there a might be a problem with teams wanting someone completely new to the game. does anyone know of any teams in waterford that would be goo to go to in this situation?

al help is much appreciated,
    chris.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Try waterford city rugby club, they always welcome new members. Just ring the clubhouse in Parnell street or Richard Daniels @ 087 7738325

Sorry the last post I couldn’t edit for some reason , but you could also try Waterpark Rugby Football Club Ms. Francis Callaghan 051 876767 and get info there.....http://www.waterfordsportspartnership.ie/csv.cgi?sport=31

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Thanks man , i certainly will try that.

no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Don't let age put you off. Trevor Hogan (Munster and last summer Ireland) only started playing rugby when he was 15 or 16.

My eldest now 10 years old joined Waterpark 19 months ago and loves it. (himself and a friend went on a training session in Thomand Park with Trevor Hogan and the lovely Jerry Flannery last week and had a great time, I'd a great time too. LOL).

There's a big emphasis on safety.
    The coaches are very good as I'm sure they are in most clubs

• Advertisement
Advertisement