Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Road

Options
  • 20-04-2006 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

Cycled to the end of the new duel carraigeway this evening, looks like it may be finished soon. When you get to the top there is a roundabout with a two way road leading off it, this allows you to go onto the N11 towards Wicklow. There is also an entrance shortly after the Glen of the Downs which allows you to come onto the new road from Dublin, but unfortunately there is no bridge or tunnel, so no way to go north on the N11. Looks like we will all have to endure the Delgany Rumble for the foreseeable future.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

work on the bridge is due to start later this year. In the meantime you have to south to the Newtown exit and go under the bridge there (or go through Delgany).

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Does anyone actually know when they are due to open the New Road/Greystones Southern Access Route?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I think there was a previous post saying it would be officially opened in June but it may be open to traffic in May

(why does every local road scheme have to be officially opened by a TD? its not exactly the golden gate bridge we're talking about...)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

loyatemu wrote:
    I think there was a previous post saying it would be officially opened in June but it may be open to traffic in May

(why does every local road scheme have to be officially opened by a TD? its not exactly the golden gate bridge we're talking about...)

It's probably more because they would go to the opening of an envelope!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

I talked with WCC today and they inform me that the road shoud be open in 2 weeks, the official opening is 9th June but once the safety audit is complete they will open it for (unofficial!) use.

• Advertisement
Advertisement