Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

never received penalty points fine

Options
  • 20-04-2006 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

hi.
    i got stopped for speeding about 3 weeks ago and was told i'd get a fine in the post over the next couple of weeks but haven't got anything yet.

if i don't get anything in the post do i have a responsibility to notify the gardai about this or should i say nothing. i don't exactly want to do the cops' job for them.

also, if i got no fine does this mean i got no points?

i'm aware that if it's not paid after 56 days it goes to court but is that the case if i get no fine in the first place.

anyone else find themselves in a similar situation. i'd appreciate any advice
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Remember it is is your constitutional right to receive all documentation regarding this in the Irish language, ask them for it and no doubt they will fudge the whole thing before dragging you to court in about a years time. Do this and you will win your court case as they will have discriminated against you for choosing Irish. Those boring mornings in Primary School may eventually pay off.

Slow down next time too dude! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Correct me if i'm wrong, but when you are stopped speeding by the Gardai, the piece of paper you are given is the fine notice?

Advertisement