Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer had her carrier removed - Thanks Pat Kenny

Options
  • 20-04-2006 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

Just got this in the IrelandOffline post bag:
    As one of the people who emailed Pat Kenny I thought I would update you on subsequent developments since my experiences may be of help to others. The great thing about the Pat Kenny contact was that Eircom shifted handling the attempts to get broadband from their totally incompetent sales department to the press office. It didn't take the latter long to let me know that the problem in my case was carriers on the line. They didn't guarantee that their removal would enable the line but said there was a possibility and that they would be removed in about two months.

I left it for a month and then rang to find out when the work would be done and this accelerated the process. In fact they were removed today, my line passed, and I'll have broadband as soon as the modem reaches me in the post - probably early next week.

They also told me that in the near future the sales dept are going to be allowed, and even encouraged, to tell customers what the problem is with their line and what can be done to fix it. I would suggest for others that although this was supposed to be a one off offfer of help to those who contacted Pat Kenny it wouldn't hurt anyone to contact the press office and suggest they are going to do a bit of letter writing round press and polilticians. Its a ridiculous situation but if it works.............

By the way, I could tell when they removed the carrier because my line speed went up from 19kbps to 34 kbps from one dial up to the next

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Good to hear. If it became common place it would be a great step foward.
    I hope the carrier was removed completely and it wasn't a case of his line taken off it and one of his poor neighbours put on in his place.

Advertisement