Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Convertible conversion

Options
  • 20-04-2006 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

I recently bought an MX5 and love it.
    I have spent a good bit of time with the roof off over the last few weeks already but as with all convertibles the back of the neck gets a bit frosty at higher speeds.
    I was going to inverst in a wind break, but I read that the new top end Mercs etc also have hot air directed at the neck from the back of the seat.

Any idea how hard/easy it would be to tap into the heating system and route a small pipe up the back of the seat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

RobAMerc wrote:
    I recently bought an MX5 and love it.
    I have spent a good bit of time with the roof off over the last few weeks already but as with all convertibles the back of the neck gets a bit frosty at higher speeds.
    I was going to inverst in a wind break, but I read that the new top end Mercs etc also have hot air directed at the neck from the back of the seat.

Any idea how hard/easy it would be to tap into the heating system and route a small pipe up the back of the seat?

I'm not being clever here, but have you considered buying a scarf?

Advertisement