Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Chelsea Fans View

• 20-04-2006 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭

Who would agree?
    Well it seems its gonna be a Barca-Arsneal final so i will of course be supporting Barca for two reasons..

1)If Arsneal win tottenham can qualify for the Champions League[should they finish 4th,i dont see them as big rivals to us as arsneal]

2)If Barca win, we can do the same as last year and hold our heads high and say "Fair enough we were beaten by the Champions!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I can't imagine too many Chelsea fans holding their heads high and saying they were beaten by Liverpool, even if they did end up champions. Particularly given the recent rivalry between the two teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

I'll support Barca bacause if they win they their is some honour in having lost to the eventual winners (although this did not apply to the scousers) and (b) I won't have to listen to gooners going on about how brilliant they are which might (a) overshadow our retention of the premiership and (b) annoy me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

For years I hated Arsenal, just because the stopped United winning alot of tropies, but I've come to appreciate their great style of play. I want to see Arsenal-Barca final for a good match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i want anyone other than arsenal to win becuase i still think we have a good shot at 4th place in the premier.
    however, i hope they get beatenin the final becuase that will mean they play extra games and arent concentrting on the league as much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

I want to see the Barca win cause they are the most exciting team in the competition and Arsenal are an average team.
    Villa Real were shockingingly bad the other night and they were misisng main players from the defence and still Arsenal only beat them 1-0

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Villa Real were shockingingly bad the other night and they were misisng main players from the defence and still Arsenal only beat them 1-0

Totally disagree. Villareal did what they had to do and kept Arsenal at bay of for most of the game. The goal Arsenal got was a scrappy one. Villareal could also have had a penalty. Arsenal only shaded the game imo and there is no way you could say Villareal were "shockingly bad".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

They are full of play-actors though..But i cant see Arsneal doing well in their new stadium.Because they only do well at home because it so small and like a 5 a side game 2 them.just passing it.
    And i would pay money to see a arsneal player cross a ball into the box from open play.just doesnt happen..Thats why they cant win away.Pitch is too big for em..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Soby wrote:
    They are full of play-actors though..But i cant see Arsneal doing well in their new stadium.Because they only do well at home because it so small and like a 5 a side game 2 them.just passing it.
    And i would pay money to see a arsneal player cross a ball into the box from open play.just doesnt happen..Thats why they cant win away.Pitch is too big for em..

That's because Henry never scores with his head. Well very rarely does anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,325 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

No guarantees on a Barcelona - Arsenal final. I think Barcelona will be there and I hope they win the final because:

1. Celtic will go straight into the group phase if Barcelona or AC Milan win the final.

2. Barcelona are the best team in the competition

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Soby wrote:
    lol, Arsenal went unbeaten away in both of their most recent title winning seasons.

They can't win away from home this season because their key attacking players of recent years (Bergkamp, Pires, Ljungberg) are past it/struggling for form and can't score goals. They've still got the 3rd best defensive record (away and overall) in the league.

But good job on starting a new thread to air your captivating views, they would have been out of place in any one of the many existing CL threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

And i would pay money to see a arsneal player cross a ball into the box from open play.just doesnt happen..Thats why they cant win away.Pitch is too big for em.

You'd swear to god that everybody else was great at going to away games, and it was just ARsenal who slip up.
    Also you'd swear to god that Highbury is absolutely tiny, when it isn't.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

PHB wrote:
    Also you'd swear to god that Highbury is absolutely tiny, when it isn't.
    Not sure about some of these figures, but most of them seem reasonably accurate.
    (In square yards)
    [b]Ashburton Grove             10086[/b]
    City of Manchester Stadium  9048
    Old Trafford                8816
    Goodison Park               8736
    Riverside                   8625
    St Andrews                  8625
    The Hawthorns               8510
    Stadium of Light            8436
    Reebok Stadium              8436
    Fratton Park                8395
    Stamford Bridge             8362
    Villa Park                  8280
    Craven Cottage              8250
    Anfield                     8250
    The Valley                  8176
    Upton Park                  8064
    [b]Highbury	            8030[/b]
    White Hart Lane             8030
    St James Park               8030
    The JJB Stadium             7800

Put those figures on a graph and see how far away Ashburton Grove is from the others, seems like an advantage to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

What was the point of that post^ (really), is it saying highbury isn't small, or that Arsenal like bigger pitches really, or something else? o_O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Soby wrote:
    Actually it has happened quite a bit since Adebayor has come. His last goal against Villa, believe it or not was a cross. Rest of the point covered by others.

astrofool wrote:
    What was the point of that post^ (really), is it saying highbury isn't small, or that Arsenal like bigger pitches really, or something else? o_O

What's the point of this entire thread??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Soby wrote:
    2)If Barca win, we can do the same as last year and hold our heads high and say "Fair enough we were beaten by the Champions!

hold your heads up high? me arse.. JOSE:"Well at least we can say we never lost at home to them" who gives a crap tbh. shoulda been a loss cause the penalty was not a penalty. If barca won and chelsea lost again saying that you,lost to the champions means shag all. just looking for a petty excuse thats all.

Advertisement