Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making online bingo game

Options
  • 20-04-2006 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Im making a game and i am already using client in flash but not sure how to use a java server using sockets and multithreading or if there is any other way possible to do it?? Please help!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 face-the-phase

please can anyone help, im really stuck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

i know you said u wanted an alternative to java and mulithreaded socket programming but you could always get this book. It's pretty good, I use it in college and teaches you socket programming and multhreading basics at least anyways. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0321227352/sr=1-4/qid=1145644372/ref=sr_1_4/104-8815974-8486329?%5Fencoding=UTF8&s=books

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

sockets are the only easy way to connect different computers to each other off the net.

Multithreading is the only easy way to keep the server working as it both process multiple simultaenous games AND accepts new connections/dropping old connections AND does god knows what else that may be involved.

You'll have to bite the bullet and learn the basics at least.

Advertisement