Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Ratoath, Co. Meath (Options??)

• 21-04-2006 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I'd really appreciate some advice.

I am currently thinking of moving to Ratoath from Blanchardstown where I currently have NTL broadband Max. I don't think NTL broadband has hit Ratoath (NTL telly cable available only, but no broadband - could be wrong though??).

What would people recommend - Eircom 3MB/ BT 3MB ????????????

Other Options?????

Any help or advive would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 joetighe

www.icecomms.net is your best bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

joetighe wrote:
    www.icecomms.net is your best bet

i'm in dunshaughlin and eircom is grand, max speeds all day

icecomms is rediculously expensive, 2 megs for 60 quid and a 150 installation fee?????

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭eddiej

VinnyL wrote:
    i'm in dunshaughlin and eircom is grand, max speeds all day

icecomms is rediculously expensive, 2 megs for 60 quid and a 150 installation fee?????

Icecomms expensive wake up my dear friend and smell the coffee

Eircom 2mbs €39.99 + phone line rental €24.18 = €64.17

Agree with once off connection however in 3 years approx have paid for itself and icecomms is 512 upload

Not an agent for icecomms but hate when people slag off any firm and dont give all the facts.

Eddie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

eddiej wrote:

Agree with once off connection however in 3 years approx have paid for itself and icecomms is 512 upload

Not an agent for icecomms but hate when people slag off any firm and dont give all the facts.

Eddie

But you havent given all the facts either.
    Why dont you compare them to Smart, Metro, IBB, Esat BT, NTL etc instead of the most expensive provider.
    When compared to these guys they are very expensive and for some of them you dont need a phone line either. I know lots of people who would go with ICEcomms if they dropped their prices or increased their speed. In fact while other providers are increasing their speeds or reducing their prices over the last year or 2 ICEComms have remained static in their package prices.
    Dont get me wrong, we had them and they were great. Would have stayed with them too when Eircom finally enabled our line, but they were too expensive, when we shopped around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

Compare that to lastmile in the midlands

They aren't cheap, haven't changed their pricing in well over a year and more and more contention issues appear to be surfacing.

Residential
    Speed 512k/128k
    Monthly €33.05 ex VAT
    Connection €81.82 ex VAT
    CAP 10 GBytes

SOHO
    Speed 512k/512k
    Monthly €69 ex VAT
    Connection €81.82 ex VAT
    CAP 15 GBytes

Business
    Speed 1M/512k
    Monthly €99 ex VAT
    Connection €81.82 ex VAT
    CAP Unlimited

Enterprise
    Speed 1M/1M
    Monthly €149 ex VAT
    Connection €81.82 ex VAT
    CAP Unlimited

Enterprise+
    Speed 2M/1M
    Monthly €249 ex VAT
    Connection €81.82 ex VAT
    CAP Unlimited

On the upside once you move off their basic packages it is unlimited.

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

eddiej wrote:

Eddie
    As the majority of people would still be paying landline rental if they opted for IceComms, then the figures are:

IceComms 2Mbs €59 + phone line rental €24.18 = €83.18

~Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭eddiej

Hi all,

You are dead right if people already have a phone line then yes it is cheaper to get eircom if you can. I was simply putting forward the case for someone who did not have a phone line and only wanted the net as a lot of people do now with the widespread use of mobiles.

Also the reason only mentioned eircom was they were the service provider that was being mentioned in relation to icecomms.

Finally if your READ my message you will see that I am not promoting one servicxe over another merely making sure all the facts are out there before you make the decision as the original cost comparison was not doing that and you ould always ditch the landline and move to icecomms thus eliminating the phone line rental

Goodnight gentleman the facts speak:D :D:D

Advertisement