Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain? What Rain?

Options
  • 21-04-2006 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

Looking at the RTE forecast last night (Wednesday April 19th) one could be forgiven for making sandbags for the front and back doors ahead of what was promised a very wet day over southern Ireland. In fact, the rarely used black cloud was rolled out for the chart and was very much plastered over most areas south of the N6.

Whoaaay! Sunshine galore and clear blue skies for the lunchtime period after a cloudy start... hmmm, I should have been filling bags with bottles of suncream not sand...

Now come on Met Eireann... that was the worst forecast I have ever seen. :(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

lol you better believe it. I was watching Sky News Dublin at six o clock which went alot like this

"Its been an extremely wet and miserable day across many parts of Ireland today with more heavy rain to follow the weekend"

I was blinded by the sun and spent most of the day in my back garden with a book, skipping college cause the weather was so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

It was wet all day in the south. Not heavy, but all day.

Valentia 15.1mm
    Cork 9.0mm
    Roches Point 8.2mm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭highdef

I had a day off and spent 4 hours sunbathing - Got a great tan to boot!!! Top temp in a sheltered south westerly facing back garden on 18.1c!! And not a cloud to be seen from around noon onwards

Advertisement