Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Written Examination For Hackney 'Driver's Badge.'

Options
  • 21-04-2006 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hello Folks,

Can anyone who has been-there-done-that tell me the following:

When you apply for a driver's badge, and are found suitable, you undergo a written examination about 3-months afterwards.

This consists of questions baed on the Theory Test, your local area, and the P.S.V. regulations.

The first 2 are fine but what's the deal with the regulations? How detailed are the questions? I've been looking at the applicable S.I.'s and there's not that much of it - it probably wouldn't be that difficult to literally learn them by rote, but would such a thing be at all necessary?

I tried asking the Guards but they just said, "Come back in June." (The next application period.)

Also, is the test carried out at your own local Garda Station or at the main Garda PSV Inspector's office for your area?

Finally, apart from what's listed on the M.T.O.'s information sheet on the topic (Full D/L, 2 pictures, €12 and €3 receipts, Tax Clearance Cert.), should you bring anything else with you on the day, such as proof of address, or whatever?

Thanks for any pointers,
    Tommy.

Advertisement