Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lunatic Fringe

• 21-04-2006 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me where this is exactly, also how much it costs?

I've done a few searches and can't find anything besides people saying it wasn't cheap!

Also will they cut my hair on the same day or will I have to make an appointment?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

I've only had my hair done there once (Best haircut i've had btw),
    but you've got to make an appointment.

Cost 32.50 for my cut. Pricey but well worth it.

It's beside next on grafton st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

are you a student? they used to do discounts i think in the student book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

I don't think they do...

I'm a student and didn't get one when i mentioned it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭Blue Duck

they have a school on the top floor.
    its 15 euro for a cut.
    beware though last time i went the girl took two hours cutting my hair.
    good value in any case.

the school is only open mon to fri till 2pm i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭BigWilly

Thanks for the info! Got my appointment set up for tomorrow. 32 notes isn't overly steep, I was just worried I'd go in and end up being charged €60 or something!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dosdeal

I'd welcome any input. I have heard that Lunatic Fringe is worth the money as they actuall STYLE your hair and dont just give you that ****ty generic cut u get in all 'barbers'. I went to the Grafton Barber in Arnotts the other day. 20 euro. The worst cut i've had. I had longish hair, and asked for it to be tidied and kept long. The guy gave me a tight back and sides and left the top long! I tried to explan mid cut again, but when a guy has a scissors in his hand, if he makes one **** cut, he might aswell do the rest. Seriously, i wouldn't go back there if it was free! I dont care what fellas say, we all want a decent cut, especially if we're over 20 and not part of the tracksuit and runner saturday night crowd! Everyone is slaggin me over my 'hair cut' and thats fine. I think i'll go back to shaving my head to a 3 blade with my own razor! Its a boring look but at least you get what you expect at the end! I'd love to hear from anyone who knows a decent place that will actually take a bit of pride in their work and style your hair. P.s. a gay friend of mine recommend grafton. I've since been talking to him. He lives abroad and said the last time he was their a girl cut his. I think thats the way to go! Girls actually are qualified and might give you 10 mins to talk about what kind of cut you want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

Lunatic Fringe is great. I got my hair done, (I am a girl) before Christmas, and although pricey it was so worth it. My hair has kept its shape since then and it was exactly the cut and colour I wanted. The stylist talked to me for 10 minutes beforehand so we both had a clear idea of what the cut should have been like. I couldn't recomend the place more. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭BigWilly

so I went in. Told yer wan what I was looking for and within about 5 minutes she had already cut the sides of my hair too short. I was sitting there raging!

Anyways, it turned out pretty well. She did EXACTLY what I wanted only about 1cm too short. But still, I must say I'm very pleased with it and it was definitely worth 30 quid!

The woman in front of me was freaking out because the guy was like "did you get your hair blow dried?" and she was like "yeah" and he was like "oh thats extra!". I couldnt believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Went in here myself today - really happy, well worth the 30-35 euro.

Advertisement