Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel for my wedding up for sale - My rights?

Options
  • 21-04-2006 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I'm getting married next year and have just discovered that the hotel I'm having the reception in is for sale! :(

Now, I've had this hotel booked for a while and have paid a sizeable deposit. Needless to say, however we're worried about this situation in case the new owners (presuming it's sold) either:
    a) Decide not to use the property as a hotel.
    b) Choose to refurbish the hotel around the time of our wedding.
    c) Replace the highly competent staff with a bunch of muppets.

You do book a hotel based on it's merits after all, so if the owners change the plus points of this hotel may change also or even disappear!

So I have 2 questions concerning this, so if anyone knows;
    1. Do the new owners have to honour my booking and
    2. Am I within my rights to walk away and book another hotel as I did not agree the deal with the (possible) new owners?

Any help with this would be much appreciated. Planning a wedding is stressful enough without all this crap! :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance,
    H.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Vazelothir

key question is whether it is for sale as a going concern...

if it is as a going concern then there is every likelyhood that your booking is safe (though it won't stop them from increasing prices)

one way of finding out might be asking the staff - under the transfer of undertakings regulations (TUPE) they need to be informed of the implications, one of those being whether they will still have a job or not...

good luck

Advertisement