Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL registration Server

• 21-04-2006 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi All,
    Does anyone of you heard about an problem with the registration server from NTL.

Basically I applied to their service 2 weeks ago, and an engineer came to my house on the 12th, and installed the modem etc, but said he couldn't register cause the server was down. he told me to call them the day after and proceed to the registration over the phone (what he should have done if the server was ok).
    now a week later, I'm being told that the server is still down and that they can't register me. (even if on different occasion earlier this week, they told me that I've been registered since...:confused: ).

Any other who experienced the same problem?
    FYI,i'm in D8 near patrick st, and on the broadband Max package...
    And it has never worked so far....

thought that NTL could make me forget my lame (non) experience with SMART, but it's not the case so far.... Hope and see

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭donal.hunt

they said the same when i got mine installed about 1.5 years ago. I never bothered to register and it hasn't affected me in any way.

What does registration give you apart from an ntl email address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭keyran

Registration is only for your web-space and email it won’t affect your internet connection at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 antsiou

Hi All, thanks for your answers.

But the thing is that I can't connect in any way whatsoever.
    What I understood from NTL, is that their server don't know my modem, so they don't communicate with each, thus No connection.

I'm talking about my modem registration (for what I understood). I don't even have my Ntl username and password btw..

Any idea?

Oh sorry misunderstood you there. If that’s the case give them a shout its possible that they did register you since but might need be some set up the PC that needs to be completed. Tec wouldn’t have been able to do much if they couldn’t get the modem up and running so tec support might need to walk you through a few things.

Hi Keyran,
    no worries.

I rang them several times already, but only once they went through the standard "reset modem" procedure, and nothing.
    I tried to complete the registration of the modem myself using this page https://autoreg.autoregister.net/start.html
    But it fails at the end saying that there is no modem....
    So I assume, they don't know my modem...

Bit weird, isn't it?
    I thought that maybe i'm entering the wrong details, but there's no way i can find out what they are, cause NTL says they have none yet (due to reg server down...)

:(

• Advertisement

Have you spoke with 2nd line support or just Customer Service?

If not when you call after the standard reboot if you have no connection you should probably be passed to 2nd line support. Those guys should be able to get you up and running.

After the reboot what have they told you?

When you are on mabey steer clear of the word registration in case they are picking you up wrong and thinking its just email you are having issues with.

I'm trying to get as clear as possible, everytime I'm on the phone with them.
    I always say that I got no connection.
    The phone I rang is 1800 924 424, and then, I don't know if it's 2nd line support or not (I don't think so).
    After the reboot on wednesday, they told me that the Broadband team would contatc me in 30 min to see what's going on... And therefore, no phone calls.
    on thursday I called again, still calm :rolleyes: , and been told the server is down and I'll be contacted when it'll be up...
    Now on Friday, I'm waiting for them to call me back when the issue with the server will be solved...

Would you know anyway to get to somebody who could actually know the problem, and not starting to explain everything again to be told at the end "the broadband team is not available..."
    I thought the phone number above was the NTL broadband support No...

Is the dog bitting is own tail???

that number will get you through to the broadband support folk if you can convince the clueless level1 people that there is a problem requiring level2 investigation. it took me about an hour today to get through a 2nd level person. even then the best they could do is say the signal was low on my modem and they would send out an engineer next week.

best bet is to ring up and say - "i was just talking to someone and they said they were going to put me through to someone who can check my line, but then my call was dropped" - this happens all the time so they'll probably pass you straight through.

it's also worth saying that you've tried the usual "reboot the modem and reboot your computer" rigmarole.

Thanks for the hint mate.

I'll try tp ring them today, but as usual, I'm not home during the day, so it's always around 7ish that I can get them, I'll give a shot tonight anyway...

i'm getting to the point where it might be quicker to snail mail them and request them to ring me. That or send them a bill for my time while I wait on hold. :/

• Advertisement

If you send in a mail you should include the MAC address on the underneath of the modem if its not registered better not take any chances that they don’t have a record of which modem you have there.

Hi All,

After a ludicrous time spent on hold, I finally get through someone and they made it happen...
    I was connected yesterday evening after 2 weeks of hassle.
    I'm not looking back, just enjoying the fact that the connection speeds rocks so far (don't have an accurate test yet :D ).
    Anyway, I've send an email to BB product manager, few calls, and that's it...

So anyone with registration problem (not for emails and stuff, 1st time modem reg) just keep on pushing.

calls and emails are pain, but that's the only solution so far.

Now my new goal: Setup a wireless?
    but that's for another topic...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

The tech who came to your house was meant to do that while he was there, what a muppet for not doing it!

Advertisement