Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Roundabout test/road rage taximan

Options
  • 21-04-2006 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hiya folks, had a (wee) bit of an incident this morning, so I have a bit of a quiz for ye. See the attached pic? Which lane (A or B) would YOU take up to take exit X?

Anyway, I lined up in one, taximan in the other. My spider sense started tingling about half way round that he was gonna go for the same exit as me, sure enough he does. I brake, give a few beeps and he locks up the brakes.

I stop (barely!) and he gets out. I unfolded myself out of the small hatchback I was driving, and I think the guy realised I wasn't as small as the car suggested. So the taximan mumbles something along the lines of "I'll leave you off this time" and hops back in his car!

There's a small bit more to it, but first I want to confirm my choice of lane, rather than getting into a taximan/roadrage/etc debate

Which lane (see attachment) 3 votes

A
    0% 0 votes
    B
    100% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I hate people who get out of the car agressively. You could report him for dangerous driving (assuming he was in the wrong?) and threatening behaviour.

I'd be interested to the rest of the story..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

I would say B......but a strange roundabout

Is X a road or another housing estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

lol, I picked the one that 4 others picked. Which one were you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

Naw, it didn't even get near to threatening, maybe if I wasn't the size I am. I'm fairly certain I'm right - my answer is B. Third exit, and past 12 o'clock. I think the guy was just cranky and thought he could take it out on the likely driver of a small french hatch.

X is a road into the actual village, badly drawn sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Yeah the Taxi-Man was in the wrong fo show, it wouldn't have made a difference what X was, as long as it was an exit:)

• Advertisement

Is the road into the village a single lane or dual lane road? What about the 12 o'clock exit?

cargrouch wrote:
    Naw, it didn't even get near to threatening, maybe if I wasn't the size I am. I'm fairly certain I'm right - my answer is B. Third exit, and past 12 o'clock. I think the guy was just cranky and thought he could take it out on the likely driver of a small french hatch.

X is a road into the actual village, badly drawn sorry!

Did you get out? I would have sat in car on the horn and not moved, if he didnt get back into car and I would make sure it was safe and pass him and drive into the town. Fcuk him would be my atitude. Also note number plate and if he trys to follow would ring Garda the first moment I see him in rear view mirror. Its time we got gobsh**ts like this off the road.

Come forward....who voted A?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

Does lane B really have a right only road marking?

12 o'clock is a two lane exit to flyovers/sliproads for the town bypass. Road X is a single lane into town.

Lane B does have a right only.

Special (imaginary) prize for anyone who can identify this roundabout in county cork.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

Don't know cork very well, but is there a shopping centre to the left of the roundabout?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

The lane markings give it away also in your drawing, lane A for the 9 and 12 O'Clock exits, and B for the right (3 O'Clock) exit and subsequent exits

cargrouch wrote:
    12 o'clock is a two lane exit to flyovers/sliproads for the town bypass. Road X is a single lane into town.

Lane B does have a right only.

Special (imaginary) prize for anyone who can identify this roundabout in county cork.
    In that case, lane B can be the ONLY option for exit X.

smarty wrote:
    Don't know cork very well, but is there a shopping centre to the left of the roundabout?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

X is the third exit, and way past 12 O'Clock, so you take "B" - can't see why there would be any ambiguity about it at all. In fact, as there were two lanes both entering and leaving the roundabout, I am pretty sure you would be correct to take "B" even if you were going straight through.

Yes, I think if you were going for the RHL of the 12 o'clock exit then usually lane B would be fine. The marking here would suggest otherwise though. Anyway, the road is never too busy so I always line up in A and go for the left-hand-lane of the 12 o'clock exit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 civic

As with all roundabouts the left lane (Lane A) is for the 1st or 2nd exit. For any other exit you use the right lane (Lane B). This is always the case unless the road markings coming up to the roundabout state otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

As voting is between myself and the ballot box I wont say how I voted ;)

Mike.

cargrouch wrote:

Is it the roundabout on the Midleton bypass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

If your drawings and descriptions are acurate I am going with lane B.
    Kippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 manor15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

Happened me once a good few years ago in Waterford City... Williamstown road roundabout coming from Tesco heading into town before the Outer Ring road opened. At the time there were only two exits.

1 was at 9 and the other was at 3. again I took the right hand lane at the roundabout and a taxi driver took the left hand lane and we were both going for the 9 o'clock exit. I had to brake and blow my horn. He stopped his car got out and started screaming and shouting about how I was in the wrong

Luckily for me I had three other people in the car with me.. but what the hell is wrong with these guys.. the sooner they are put off the road for good the better for all concerned

crosstownk wrote:
    Is it the roundabout on the Midleton bypass?

Nope, I'll give ye a clue, the nearest town starts with B. If the thread is anywhere on the first page monday I'll reveal the answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ballincollig bypass.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Does X lead to Blarney.

Definately B. Report the Bas|<|rd. He's a taxi driver. It's hisw actual job to take people safely from A to B or X as the cae may be. He should get 2 points

• Registered Users Posts: 65,419 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mike65 wrote:
    As voting is between myself and the ballot box I wont say how I voted ;)

Though you have The Power to convert the pole to a public one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If I can (hav'nt checked) that would be unfortunate for the 2 that voted A

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    If I can (hav'nt checked) that would be unfortunate for the 2 that voted A

Mike.

Name and shame I say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

Taxi Drivers view on life:

Driver by Profession = Professional Driver

:(

The OP put him back in his box though. :)

Advertisement