Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile found

Options
  • 21-04-2006 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

I found a mobile this morning in one of the parking lots. I handed it in to the Services desk in the Arts building.
    So if anyone is missing a mobile, it's there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

Thats very good of u! Others might not be so considerate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Fair play to you.

Ps. It's mine. I also lost a sum of money & my car keys.
    pm me if anyone finds them.
    Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

mdebets wrote:
    I found a mobile this morning in one of the parking lots. I handed it in to the Services desk in the Arts building.
    So if anyone is missing a mobile, it's there.

Good on ye Mick!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Good man. I managed to lose my wallet in UCD last year, and some nice person found it, found my mobile number in it, then rang me telling me that they would leave it in the reception kiosk for me to pick it up. When I got it, it even had all of the money still in it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

thats relly good of you to hand it in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

I actually lost a blank check last year in the Arts block (I was gonna use it for books etc). Some nice girl found it and rang me to say she had it. She left it at the reception thingy. Was v grateful needless to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Font22 wrote:
    I actually lost a blank check last year in the Arts block (I was gonna use it for books etc). Some nice girl found it and rang me to say she had it. She left it at the reception thingy. Was v grateful needless to say

thats really kind of here as if that was me you wouldnot find it again and your bank balance would be low:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I lost my car keys in the arts block a couple of weeks ago, it was soon after I got my new car so they still had the garage tag with the reg. no. of the car on them, making it easy pickings....but somebody handed them into arts services. Restored some of my faith in this place really!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I wish someone would hand in my notes! They're not worth anything to anyone other than me, and they've point blank disappeared.

If anyone finds a purple folder with a clear press-fastner tied envelope-like flap full of 3rd english notes (mainly Mode 1) could they throw them into the Arts Service Desk and PM me? All I can offer by way of a reward is chocolate, gratitude and the possibility of good karma.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Blush_01 wrote:
    All I can offer by way of a reward is chocolate, gratitude and the possibility of good karma.
    White, brown or milk?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Blush_01 wrote:
    I wish someone would hand in my notes! They're not worth anything to anyone other than me, and they've point blank disappeared.

If anyone finds a purple folder with a clear press-fastner tied envelope-like flap full of 3rd english notes (mainly Mode 1) could they throw them into the Arts Service Desk and PM me? All I can offer by way of a reward is chocolate, gratitude and the possibility of good karma.
    I assume you've checked all of the lost and found buckets, and with library security?

All three, Firespinner. Be at the meeting tomorrow, by the way. It's the last one and I'm not chasing you all up, nor is Christina!

Repeatedly, Hulla. The Arts Services guys keep trying to pawn the same pink folder off on me as purple every time. I appreciate the help, but maybe UCD shouldn't discriminate against non-colourblind people. ;) In all seriousness, I think I've looked everywhere. I even got the lovely secretaries in English to let me snoop around rooms I'd been in despite the rooms being locked. I almost have rug-burns on both my knees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Blush_01 wrote:
    All three, Firespinner. Be at the meeting tomorrow, by the way. It's the last one and I'm not chasing you all up, nor is Christina!

Repeatedly, Hulla. The Arts Services guys keep trying to pawn the same pink folder off on me as purple every time. I appreciate the help, but maybe UCD shouldn't discriminate against non-colourblind people. ;) In all seriousness, I think I've looked everywhere. I even got the lovely secretaries in English to let me snoop around rooms I'd been in despite the rooms being locked. I almost have rug-burns on both my knees.

Oh man that sucks Blush! I would freak out if that happened to me.
    *goes to rethink her bugging Blush for first semester 18th century literature notes....damnit*

I lost my wallet in first year with a brand new monthly bus and rail ticket, and about €50. Someone handed it in and everything was still there.

I have all of those notes safe at home... They're all yours. Wednesday do? Will be coming to UCd from Tipperary in the morning - again! As long as things don't change tonight anyway!

It's my Mode 1 stuff I'm worried about. We work from handouts, not books. Well, apart from the novels and plays, *duh, shut up now* so that's where the problem arises.

It's the notes notes that are missing. I know that makes no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Blush_01 wrote:
    I have all of those notes safe at home... They're all yours. Wednesday do? Will be coming to UCd from Tipperary in the morning - again! As long as things don't change tonight anyway!

It's my Mode 1 stuff I'm worried about. We work from handouts, not books. Well, apart from the novels and plays, *duh, shut up now* so that's where the problem arises.

It's the notes notes that are missing. I know that makes no sense.

Wow, thanks a million missus!

That sucks about the Mode 1 stuff though. Anyone you can get them off or is it more a case of losing your own work, kind of thing?

I'll cope - it gives me an incentive to do the work properly, I guess. I'd prefer my own notes, nothing like the real thing. Everyone hears things differently!

Advertisement