Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uk taps on irish fittings?

Options
  • 21-04-2006 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi all,

There are some very cheap taps on ebay in the uk. Thinking of buying them there and fitting them myself.

Will a std irish ½ pipe fitting screw directly into the tap fitting, or do I need to get a conversion piece to make this work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

The taps appear to be fine however avoid the push fitting connectors etc. as they are slightly different and don't make a tight fit. Some good savings to be made, approx half price when compared with Tubs&Tiles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

Yeah, you won't have any problems fitting them to any pipework over here. Threads should be standard BSP fit, you may need to get an adaptor at your local plumber's merchants if the fittings supplied are for different size pipe.

Beware though - I got some cheap taps off ebay last year, most were fine but I got a kitchen tap where the chrome plating has flaked away since. So make sure you're buying from a reputable seller.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

joemc99 wrote:
    Hi all,

There are some very cheap taps on ebay in the uk. Thinking of buying them there and fitting them myself.

Will a std irish ½ pipe fitting screw directly into the tap fitting, or do I need to get a conversion piece to make this work?

A lot of GB taps come with pipes attached, especially mixers. The pipes are naturally GB sized. A 1/2" 310 fitting(straight connector) is needed- made up 1/2 english & 1/2 irish, i.e. one english nut and olive. Any Plumbers or builders yard will make it up for you if you explain.....no extra charge
    t

Advertisement