Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks eircom league round up

• 21-04-2006 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

Its been three games on the trout now , is there any stopping dundalk now as they march to reclaim their righful place in with irelands elite.

EIRCOM LEAGUE FIRST DIVISION
    Dundalk 4-0 Monaghan United RES
    Hynes 6, 10
    Hughes 15, 57

Great seen both strikers getting a brace :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

We beat Bray other night, 3-0 Molloy scored a cracker Keegan bundled one home and was offiside and fouled for the other. Zayed missed a peno and Doyle hit the post.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I hear Robbie Doyle was up to his poncey old tricks again, moaning and bitching, then pretending to be injured. Very few players I dislike in the eL more than him. If ever there was a player more concerned with image than football its him.

Oh, and we're away to UCD tomorrow.

Shels only have 14 fit senior players for the game today.

Probable line-up:

Delaney

--Heary---Rogers---Dillon---Crawley---
    --Kearney--S.Byrne--Reynolds--Cahill---

J.Byrne--O'Neill

I'd still be fairly confident of a good win for Shels, especially with O'Neill starting. Its about time we saw something good from Kearney so today might be a good chance for him to impress.

I'm going with a 0-3, hope I don't regret being so confident!

C'mon Shels!

Predicting wins away to UCD is a bad idea :)

Wonder how the 5:45 ko will work out, cos you have plenty of time to drink and wash your eyes from the horriblness you just witnessed.

Few pats fans i know may even go out to that hole now thats it this time, plenty of beer time after it.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Sarge wrote:
    Its been three games on the trout now , is there any stopping dundalk now as they march to reclaim their righful place in with irelands elite.

Hynes 6, 10
    Hughes 15, 57

Hey Sarge that would be a bit slippery.;)

Seriously, I worked in Dundalk for a couple of years in the late 1980s. Back then, Dundalk were one of the top teams in the league. I'm thinking Terry Eviston and Barry Keogh etc. What has gone wrong there since?

• Advertisement

5.15 kick off afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Sarge wrote:

Hynes 6, 10
    Hughes 15, 57

Good win, glad to s hynsey doing well. we could only bash out a 0-0 with the mons

EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION
    UCD 1-2 Shelbourne RES
    Doyle 73 O'Neill 71
    Carney 85

Who scored the winner?

kdjac

Just in from Belfield.

First Half: Nothing happened.

Second Half: Much better stuff, Shels were hungrier and went in front thanks to a cracking goal. Ollie Cahill (who else?) swung in a great cross from the left and O'Neill got up at the back post to head back across the goal and make it 1-0. Superb football, without doubt the best either side poduced over the 90.

Within about 90 seconds we had blown the lead to a reasonably similar goal at the other end. Eventually the ball scrambled over the line and I was thinking the "1-1 vs UCD" curse was going to strike again. But we kept pressing, and got the winner thanks to a massive slice of luck. Kearney struck the ball from about 25 yards, looked completely comfortable for Quigley but took a massive change in direction off a divot and ended up in the net.

Brilliant stuff, three points from a fairly woeful game on the slopes of Belfield.

Long may it continue!

PS - We lost Jayo and Renolds to injury, and Stewie Byrne looked to have picked up a knock as well.
                   P   W   D   L   F   A Pts
     Drogheda U    6   5   1   0   5   0  16
     Derry City    5   4   0   1   7   2  12
     Shelbourne    6   3   3   0   8   5  12
     Cork City     6   3   3   0   4   1  12
     St Pat's A    7   2   4   1   7   4  10
     Sligo Rvrs    6   2   3   1   6   5   9
     Bohemians     7   2   1   4   6   7   7
     UCD           7   2   1   4   6   7   7
     Dublin City   7   1   2   4   3   6   5
     Longford Tn   6   0   4   2   2   4   4
     Waterford U   7   0   3   4   4  10   3
     Bray Wndrs    6   0   3   3   4  11   3

Its always woeful out there, shouldnt you be rinsing your eyes with whiskey or something strong.

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    Its always woeful out there, shouldnt you be rinsing your eyes with whiskey or something strong.

kdjac

No, but I'm watching Cork and Drogs :p

Advertisement