Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The original PS Adverts

• 21-04-2006 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Anyone have a video link for the original adverts for the playstation. They essentially sold the console to me.

Would be nice to see them again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

Thanks for the link. I was looking for the system adverts with the nerd. Remember those?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Society Against Playstation! SAPs, great stuff, and the Christmas one they did, with the song about Stick, the alternative to playstation, wonderful, now why can't remember any ads for DC or N64?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,004 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The DC ones were rubbish (over 1 billion players and terrible robbie williams music). The only N64 ad I remember was for perfect dark, probably because joanna dark looked hot.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Retr0gamer wrote:
    The DC ones were rubbish (over 1 billion players and terrible robbie williams music). The only N64 ad I remember was for perfect dark, probably because joanna dark looked hot.
    There was the cringeworthy advert for Zelda for the N64 with the "Or will you just play like a girl" line at the end.

The Tombraider advert for the Dreamcast was pretty cool as it was a spoof on a skin cream advert.

I never liked those original Playstation adverts... the stick thing was a complete rip off of Log from Ren and Stimpy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Remember the groovy third place ads from the late 90's, man of those had issues.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,004 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Remember the groovy third place ads from the late 90's, man of those had issues.

Hated those adverts. They had absolutely nothing to do with games. They just ended up annoying me more than anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Urgh... and that Third Place advert that they did especially for the Irish market... absolutely horrible...

The best Playstation advert was that one that had all of these different people speaking the one monologue as it cut between them...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Urgh... and that Third Place advert that they did especially for the Irish market... absolutely horrible...

The best Playstation advert was that one that had all of these different people speaking the one monologue as it cut between them...

The black icecream van ad... (just a still image half way down the page...)

http://www.gamedevelopers.ie/features/viewfeature.php?article=90

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The SAPS ones were the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

playstation definitely had the best ads. the "do not underestimate the power of playstation" ones where brillant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

"Get your own moon"

Remember this one. Around 1998 if I think. It was a PS1 ad about an alien disguising herself as a female human badly. She was telling humans to go find your own moon. It was very good from what I can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

I think the PSP has some of the best ads, I likes em a lot.

Advertisement