Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where do you get balls....?

• 21-04-2006 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

your golf balls that is, haha. Anyone think we are getting ripped off over here? Even medium priced balls are expensive. when you start looking for good 3 piece balls the prices rocket, pro V or NXT, callaway HX, and you can't get my fav ball over here, Precept U-tri tour.

I know people will say try the Interweb (which i do) but shipping costs are ridiculous.

I've used lake balls and refinished balls but they only seem to last 9 holes before they scuff and mark!!

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Poker & Pints

best bet. You will save over the rip offs here. Personally I make a trip to the us and pack a suitcase of balls....Pro V1 in US: $35max ProV1 Ireland: 50euro = difference of about $25 per dozen. Trip to US $300...therefore 12 dozen and its worth it. Personally I brought 40 dozen back and sold 30 dozen for 40euro. Definitely worth it.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

nxts are 30/dozen in jjb which isn't too bad..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

There's a chap who calls to my dads house who trawls water hazards all over the place. We get Prov1's for about a euro a ball, a lot of them are pretty spot on.

I've used Ebay.co.uk also, although it does work out at about 30 euros a dozen for AAA balls - i.e. great nick..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i am heading to america and will be stocking up on provs

But if you havnt got a massive pocket, you should look into the Srixon AD333 ball. They are 25 euro a dozen in mcguriks and are exactly like a pro v, no lies they are a brilliant ball i swear by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I get mine in Heatons. Donnay balls, 7 quid for 15 :)

Ball snobs may be horrified by this but I find them pretty good. They are good in terms of distance, accuracy and there's no difficulty getting them to stop quickly on greens if you hit them well and choose your shots well. IMO most amateur golfers cannot utilise high spin balls effectively anyway so Pro V1s and the like are a waste of money.

TBH the downside of the Donnays is they are a very dull white, not a brilliant glossy white like say a Top Flite. Also, whatever way the name is applied to them is crap as it wears off within a couple of shots leaving you with a ball that looks like it's been hit hundreds of times.

Becasue of this I usally go for Top Flites which are far more durable and look nicer in this regard. A bit more expensive though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

I picked up new maxfli revolution tours off ebay for a pound a ball and have been using them over the winter.
    I normally play prov's but this year i'm going to try the bridgestone b330. Again, i'd say ebay is the cheapest by far.

The biggest difference i find with Prov's is believe it or not putting.. I find that i don't have to concentrate on trying to not be short with a putt. A lot of the other softer balls, I have to really whack the ball to not be short with the putt. With the Prov I seem to hit it the right distance, silly maybe, but i'll stick to them thank ye very much! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭stringy

Just bought balls off selectgolfballs.co.uk

TITLEIST PRO V 1 or PRO V X Golf /lake balls
    Pristine Mint to very near mint
    £16.68 a dozen or £1.39 per ball

TITLEIST PRO V 1 or PRO V X Golf /lake balls
    A minor mark to a couple of marks
    = £14.28 a dozen or £1.19 per ball

BRIDGESTONE B330 Golf /lake balls
    near mint plus a minor mark to a couple of marks
    = only 99p per ball

Postage £10 to Ireland and he threw in a few extra balls. Very nice to deal with.

Will post what they're like when I get them, but for the price it'll be hard to complain.

stringy wrote:
    Just bought balls off selectgolfball.co.uk

That link doesn't work mate..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭celica140bhp

Just bought 2 dozen Revolutions for 30 bucks in the US. haven't tried them before but for about 1euro per ball I couldn't leave them behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Currently in the US, looking at picking up some Titleist before come home.. Prices really are good out here for all stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

argos aint to bad. You can get 100 lake balls for €50. They are mixed brands so you will get a few nikes and callaways in them

Just got the package. The Pro Vs are pure mint condition, look brand new, less than 2euro each. Would recommend the website

Advertisement