Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam ?

Options
  • 21-04-2006 1:29pm

http://www.irishlotto.net/

Do you think this is a scam?
    Do you know anyone thats used it? My brother wants to find out as he's a big gambler hehe:rolleyes:
    he thinks it would be handy to just pay and recieve the results in e-mail.
    What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Well this site has it down as a 419 scam. Just search the page for it.

[edit]google 'irishlotto.net scam', you get a hell of a lot of links to sites saying it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Lets see..

1. Site is part of a site providers not thier own box, and the signature is for that site not the company in question. appears to have been orginally hosted here..
    http://users.d-n-a.net/dnetbOLo/

2. piss poor HTML skills.

3. No contact or legal information on the site. Or people who are running it.

4. Doing a Whois on the URL we get..

Irish Lottery Syndicates
    47 Meadowvale
    Sligo, Sligo 99999
    IE

Address is bogus and already part of common scam.
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=5506

5. Personal contact details.

Patton, Steve
    ils@DNET.CO.UK
    21 Kestral Drive
    Kevinsfort, Sligo,
    IE
    Phone: 071 50226
    Fax: 071 50251

Looks like someones house address.

.. So in conclusion. Yes it is a scam. Should really report them to the cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

But... but... that shamrock background is so.... COOL!
    Very 1995 geocities....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Ditto with Hobbes, he's just quicker at posting than me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

From the bottom of their page:
    Please note - There are an ever-growing number of Irish
    lottery e-mail scams. Although these scammers have used
    our name and address in their fraudulent e-mails we are
    NOT involved in any way with any of these scams.
    Please visit
    http://www.fraudwatchinternational.com/internetfraud/lottery.htm
    for more information.

Ha ha !!!
    I called him and He just told me he send his suscription payment off last week using his credit card, aww i feel so sorry for him he said he gets emails now about the lotto results.
    will i tell him to contact his bank or where exactly would ya contact for something like this, I havent a clue tbh

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

TmB wrote:
    Very 1995 geocities....

was just about to say the same thing, coool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

I supposedly won £5.5 million last month via email from the microsoft mega jackpot lottery in the UK. They are "sponsored" by microsoft, intel group, dell, mckintosh, to promote internet usage. Their email address was from yahoo and the UK address was fake. Have had a whole host of these emails: i've either won money or someone has died and they need help administering the money with my help. All emails are presented EXACTLY the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

flutegirl wrote:
    I supposedly won £5.5 million last month via email from the microsoft mega jackpot lottery in the UK. They are "sponsored" by microsoft, intel group, dell, mckintosh, to promote internet usage.

Promote internet usage? Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

whatever about being a scam, it's a bloody ripoff. €64 for 2 games in 8 draws when the real Lotto is only €24 for the same.

It turned out not to be a scam my brother got a refund when he requested it a couple of hours after placing his order

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

A friend of mine in the States got an e-mail a couple of weeks ago telling him he'd just won €2.5m in the Irish Lotto. For some strange reason he had to send his claim to Amsterdam.

Advertisement