Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Reporting a phone as stolen

• 21-04-2006 1:45pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If you report a contract phone as stolen, is your contract terminated? Or do they just replace the phone and you continue paying the contract? In case it matters, I'm specifically asking about the Orange network in the UK.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Reporting a phone as stolen just puts blocks on the calls outbound (and inbound if required) and from that point releases you from the cost of calls if they are made. Otherwise you are liable for the calls that are made before reporting it stolen.

On certain networks it also blocks the phone from being used through the IMEI number of the phone (ie the serial number will be recognised as stolen and cant connect to the network thus rendering the phone worthless)

You still have a contract and if you have insurance you can get a replacement phone.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ginger wrote:
    You still have a contract and if you have insurance you can get a replacement phone.

This depends on your network, afaik Three will give you a new phone if yours is stolen but they'll lock you into a new 12 month contract

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Cheers guys. I guess i'm just going to have to stick out the rest of my contract... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ddunne

if you ring your customer care and varify your details, you can get the I.M.E.I number blocked so no other sim card can be used in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

ddunne wrote:
    if you ring your customer care and varify your details, you can get the I.M.E.I number blocked so no other sim card can be used in it

The only problem is, AFAIK, this will only be effective in the British Isles, so if they sold the phone to someone from mainland Europe/Africa etc, it would work there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement