Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonne of muck/top soil?

Options
  • 21-04-2006 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Cheapest place to buy? Or get?

B and Q have it at about €200 but its bags of about 20 kilos (€4 each).

kdjac

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Hey KdjaC, i'm in the same boat at the moment. I need topsoil, but can't just have it dumped in the driveway off the back of a truck. This link from Summerhill lawns will give you a tonne bag delivered for €75.

After that, the cheapest place I have found it in small bags, is a place called 'Black's Garden Centre' which is just south of Drogheda. They sell 3 x 30 litre bags for a tenner. It works out a whole lot better than B&Q.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sweet be here monday.

I can have it in front garden and that bag is perfect, nice find :D

I got 20 bags of B and Q stuff other day, it does the job but car was pulling wheelies all the way home :D

kdjac

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

KdjaC wrote:
    I got 20 bags of B and Q stuff other day, it does the job but car was pulling wheelies all the way home :D
    I can see it becoming a trend for boyracers, load the car up with topsoil :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

The Baptist church in Rathmines has a sign up offering free topsoil - they've just finished renovating I think. Don't know what the quality would be like but free is free and sometimes worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Misty Moon wrote:
    The Baptist church in Rathmines has a sign up offering free topsoil - they've just finished renovating I think. Don't know what the quality would be like but free is free and sometimes worth a look.

Possibly want your soul as payment :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

If you want to travel west 25miles with a trailer and shovel I'll give you lots of quality topsoil for nothing (and you'll get some exercise in the process)

Advertisement