Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Exhaust Replacement

Options
  • 21-04-2006 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

My exhaust has started to blow and it's still the original after all these miles, I reckon its time to have some/all of it replaced.
    Where is the best/most resonably priced place to get a standard exhaust replacement?
    Are fastfit/kwikfit just a ripoff or is it better to go to a garage?
    All advice is kindly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

My exhaust has started to blow and it's still the original after all these miles, I reckon its time to have some/all of it replaced.
    Where is the best/most resonably priced place to get a standard exhaust replacement?
    Are fastfit/kwikfit just a ripoff or is it better to go to a garage?
    All advice is kindly appreciated

Fastfit/quickfit etc will probably be much cheaper than a main dealer, but perhaps not quite as good in terms of quality. Unless it's a very special car, I'd probably just bring it to one of them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Where are you based? I used a place in Santry a number of years ago - might have been FastFit, it wasn't the place in the Omni centre anyway - and I found them good, got my exhaust in very prompty (they were out of stock) and fitted it in no time, I remember them being quite reasonable cost-wise.

How many miles have you on the car out of interest? Mine is still the original as well on an '01 car, around 53k miles. Thought I'd have had to replace the back box by now anyway. (Hope I'm not speaking too soon now.... :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭richardson2525

I'm in South Dublin so there is an abundance of Kwikfit/Fastfit/Advance Pitstops around me so I will probably use them -I had to use them for an nct emergency before on a different car but couldn't help but wonder if I was being ripped off.
    My car has about 98K Miles on it and the exhaust has Mazda stamped on it and looks real old (1995 car) so I'm just presuming it's the original, maybe I'm wrong (second hand car).

Advertisement