Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I cant belive its the FA Cup Semi Finals Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

HAHAHAHHA, Joe Cole just missed an absolute sitter.

Liverpool on target for the FA Cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Game over, good game to watch finished well.

Bit of luck Hammers get tru tomorrow.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Frank Lampard and Stevie Gerrard, two of the best players in the world, your avvin a laff ;)

MOTM - Sissoko/Carragher

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

So much for Chelsea doing the double. Fair play to liverpool. Now please leave OT in an orderly fashion leaving the seats intact. ;););)

Also see Jose refused to shake hands as he walked off. What a sore loser.

Cant believe that song is been played in OT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Go on the pool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Phew.

Just give me rifle and I'll shoot Cisse now.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Run, Cissé, Run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

PHB wrote:
    Way to contradict yourself in 3 lines

Obviously :rolleyes:

Crouch got a toe to it, not his studs.

Great result, but we barely hung in by the end. ffs, Traore on at that stage? Having a laugh.
    Cisse was a bloody joke up front. Crouch may not have gotten anything from the ref but least he was trying. D'other fool..ffs.

Gap is no less than it was starting the game. The pool team that finished the game was poorer than the Chelsea team by far.

Christ, they had 3 at the back and we still couldn't do anything. Soon as the wide men came on, we were found wanting.

Kewell going off was a big blow tho, he was our main threat.

Still, +1 for Rafa. First time we've beaten Chelsea domestically since Jose came?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

It's a tough one, on one hand I didn't't want that cocky Mourhinho to win a tap, he shows nothing but contempt for his opposite number (so to speak) and his players. Chelsea really are too full of themselves and teams like that deserve days like these.

On the other hand, it's Liverpool.

• Advertisement

Should I mention Gerrard going missing or leave that to a Man Utd fan?

Mike.

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

Dont start.

Darren.

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

Now why mention Man Utd at all. It was the cup semi final between Liverpool and Chelsea. What the hell has it to do with Man U.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Great result for the Pool, totally deserved the win, on the balance of play. Looking forward to the final.
    PHB wrote:
    I make the same prediction I make for most Liverpool - Chelsea matches, either 0-0 draw or a clear Chelsea win.

The bookies must plank themselves when they see you walking in, do they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

few points to make:

1. terry had STUDS UP therefore foul

2. if you have the ability to watch the match again: liverpool's first corner something was thrown at gerrard but of course it was missed by the commentators and there will be a huge point made bout how liverpool fans are scum, sigh...

not saying that the peron who threw the bottle was justified, they both should be permantently banned. but gallas did keep getting away with fouls over there!!

anyway great result...

What a plonker Mourhinho is. All he referred to is we are Champions and We will be champions again in one point. "He also said that liverpool were lucky with the ref today. It only the FA Cup. I'd prefer the league over the fa cup any year"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

i'm not sure which i prefer that liverpool won or that chelsea lost both make me happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Jose got his tactics wrong and gave liverpool more respect than they deserved, if we had gone out with 2 of the eventual subs playing it would have been a different game, even making the changes at half time would have given us more opportunity to score.

Daft decision for the free kick that led to the first goal too.

Very dissappointing result in view of how much better Chelsea looked at the end. Think JM's fear of losing got the better of him today and by the time he realised how to go about attacking with conviction there wasn't enough time to do it. :mad:

Pesky scousers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

One point from the game, thought Liverpool played well and deserved it over the 90. Chelsea where brutal in first half and that swung in Liverpool favour over the 90 minutes.

Anyway I think Liverpool should be thrown out of the competition. Again we see an incident involving a Liverpool fan, this time throwing a bottle instead of a slab of concrete or a mobile phone. But its a joke, they aint getting the message this aint allowed anymore in football. I guess these fans thought it was ok to sneak beer into the ground in the first place and then to throw it at players as they see fit.

The way the Liverpool fans are going there will be another European ban for English clubs because of there actions. I have seen no problems with any clubs in Euro football since the clubs where allowed back. Except in Turkey which is a special place and I have always said thats a problem in Turkey and not england.

Also can someone tell me towards the end I seen something around the half way line thrown towards a Chelsea player but the camera swung away quickly so couldnt clearly make it out, looked very like a bottle of beer again but cant be sure. Did anyone see this?

growler wrote:
    Daft decision for the free kick that led to the first goal too.

no not at all,
    studs up if garcia goes in fully he would get mangled - it was a dangerous challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Go on Liverpool,Liverpool do as they always do.Go ahead and sit back.But good prevailed in the end....:)

Im a tenner up,cant wait to see foremans face on monday as he hands it over:D .

• Advertisement

Big Nelly someone in the Chelsea seating threw something at Gerrard as he prepared to take a corner so should Chavskis get turfed out too?

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Big Nelly someone in the Chelsea seating threw something at Gerrard as he prepared to take a corner so should Chavskis get turfed out too?

they just got turfed out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

No need to turf them out they have already been knocked out. Once again you display your anti-liverpool bias talking your rubbish about throwing one team out despite not paying any attention to the incident that occurred when a Chelsea fan threw something onto the pitch at Gerrard. Nice to see you taking over on the trolling where your brother left off.

Great result for the pool and nice to see a good game of football, was hoping Alonso would get a shot from inside his own box when Cudicini was out, now that would have been a goal.

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

a little piece of our traditional FA Cup celery is not known to cause serious injury ( unless Gerrard is allergic to celery , maybe he is)

The issue is not what was thrown but the fact that it was thrown.

The issue is not what was thrown but the fact that it was thrown.

So you reckon that a beer bottle is as dangerous as a piece of celery ? A bottle / coin / lighter / brick can injure I've yet to see a small piece of vegetable matter cause anyone an injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Terry took the ball down with his studs - it was an obvious free-kick and I can't see why people are making an issue of it.

Liverpool were the better team over 90 minutes and deservedly won, however if I was a Chelsea fan, I'd be very agrieved at Mourinho. Joe Cole and to a lesser extent Damien Duff changed the game when they came on. Cole is Chelsea's best natural footballer, but all too often has to take a back seat to cloggers like Essien.

Anyway, that's for another day. It was nice to see some quality support at Old Trafford for once ;) . Can't imagine there were too many United fans happy to hear YNWA ring out from their PA system.

Nearly forget whoever that idiot that threw the bottle was, he should be banned for life, but Chelsea fans also threw stuff (it looked like a lighter) at Gerrard in the first half when he went to take a corner.

growler wrote:
    So you reckon that a beer bottle is as dangerous as a piece of celery ? A bottle / coin / lighter / brick can injure I've yet to see a small piece of vegetable matter cause anyone an injury.

If you're going to take a moral stance on it, it should be on that something was thrown as T4TF said.

Big Nelly having a go at Liverpool? Never............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

. Can't imagine there were too many United fans happy to hear YNWA ring out from their PA system.

Don't know about that, United Fans Sang YNWA before liverpool fans er............borrowed it.

• Advertisement

"generally" nothing is thrown onto the pitch at Anfield or Stamford bridge, all the fans at OT would have "travelled by beer" so all out for the day so to speak. I dont think anything would have been thrown at their own grounds just the fact they were away on the piss and 2 of them were idiots.

kdjac

Interestingly at Anfield people are checked if they look like they are carrying anything and bags are searched, how did a bottle of beer get into the Stands at Old Trafford.

The Muppet wrote:
    Don't know about that, United Fans Sang YNWA before liverpool fans er............borrowed it.

Rubbish. Prove it.

how did a bottle of beer get into the Stands at Old Trafford.

At a guess I'd say A liverpool fan smuggled it in.:D

Probably the case but it was late on in the game, how was it firstly not found on the way in and then not spotted by a steward as the game progressed. It is illegal to allow fans to drink beer while watching a game live. Wonder will the Chelsea fan, the Liverpool fan and Old Trafford get done ?

Rubbish. Prove it.

I suppose you think it was written by Gerry and the pace makers do you?

Is a song from Carousel isn't it. Song sung to a pregnant woman after her hubby dies. How inspirational ;)

Yet to see any evidence of it being adopted by Man U, both teams sang it in the 77 cup final IIRC

Probably the case but it was late on in the game, how was it firstly not found on the way in and then not spotted by a steward as the game progressed. It is illegal to allow fans to drink beer while watching a game live. Wonder will the Chelsea fan, the Liverpool fan and Old Trafford get done ?

Thats could be due to the size of the Stadium. Harder to spot these things with over 70,000 in the place and it would be impractical to bodysearch them all .;) The Liverpool Fan may have had it secreted about his person.

The Muppet wrote:

Written by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II for their 1945 musical, Carousel.

There's sfa proof that Utd used it first.

Unless you can provide it of course :)

• Advertisement

Ok, imagine this:

There is an apple thrown from the third tier of the stadium.
    Imagine after travelling that far the speed it would be at, it could quite easily kill you.

Anyone who ever throws anything should recieve the same punishments, life bans!

If there is continued incidents by a certain set of fans, they should be made to play games away etc
    That is not the case this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

You have to laugh.
    'In a semi-final you cannot miss chances like we did at crucial moments,' he told BBC Interactive.

'You cannot miss chances like the one for 1-0 and lose chances in the last minute for 2-2. That's the negative comment I have about my team.'

He continued: 'In the semi-final you cannot have every crucial decision against you. The free-kick for the first goal was a decision against us and the goal disallowed for (John) Terry is a decision against us.

'We cannot miss two crucial chances in two crucial moments against a very defensive team.

'But we showed in the last half hour why we are (Premiership) champions and will be champions again and why in the Premiership in two seasons we have 45 more points than Liverpool.'

How does a decent game between Liverpool vs Chelsea descend into Liverpool vs man Utd and who sung 99 bottles of b...i mean YNWA 1st?

kdjac

PHB wrote:
    Ok, imagine this:

There is an apple thrown from the third tier of the stadium.
    Imagine after travelling that far the speed it would be at, it could quite easily kill you.

Anyone who ever throws anything should recieve the same punishments, life bans!

ever been to a chelsea cup game ? you've had to ban 50% of the fans for chucking celery around.

Apples are fruit, completely different category of "object" , celery was obviously chosen by chelsea fans due to its innocous nature, poor aerodynamic, low calories etc.

Anyway it's like the "intention" rulings , no one throws celery in anger, throwing a bottle is intended to cause injury that makes a whole heap of difference imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I am a Man United fan but tonight like in the CL final two years I am happy Liverpool fan again. I am ecstatic, Chelsea have no double which is great.

For all non Liverpool fans give them their dues tonight they have completed an achievement in beating Chelsea.

Well Kdjac, it started off like this:
    So much for Chelsea doing the double. Fair play to liverpool. Now please leave OT in an orderly fashion leaving the seats intact.

Also see Jose refused to shake hands as he walked off. What a sore loser.

Cant believe that song is been played in OT

Then we had:
    Mike

Mike.
    fade2black

Dont start.

Darren.

Aquos76

Now why mention Man Utd at all. It was the cup semi final between Liverpool and Chelsea. What the hell has it to do with Man U.

super_furry

Anyway, that's for another day. It was nice to see some quality support at Old Trafford for once . Can't imagine there were too many United fans happy to hear YNWA ring out from their PA system.

Nearly forget whoever that idiot that threw the bottle was, he should be banned for life, but Chelsea fans also threw stuff (it looked like a lighter) at Gerrard in the first half when he went to take a corner.
    The Muppet

Super_furry

Rubbish. Prove it.

The Muppet

And so it continued.

The one thing missed from all of those is the smiley faces, because otherwise they'd all be in good nature, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Why do yourself and the other ManU fans even bother to post in a thread about Liverpool, it always decends into this nonsense, and you seem only too happy to let it continue, and drag the thread horribly off topic. Now I know that may seem like a personal attack on yourself, but its the same names showing up in nearly every Liverpool thread. Why do you take such a personal interest in Liverpool(maybe you wish your team progressed to the latter stages of cups?). It's absoultely pathetic at this stage.

And some of us Liverpool fans are no angels either, but why incite us with your rubbish ?

//edit, just wanted to mention that not all manu fans are petulent, some(who've posted in this thread) are capable of banter and are decent blokes

zabbo wrote:
    Why do yourself and the other ManU fans even bother to post in a thread about Liverpool, it always decends into this nonsense, and you seem only too happy to let it continue, and drag the thread horribly off topic. Now I know that may seem like a personal attack on yourself, but its the same names showing up in nearly every Liverpool thread. Why do you take such a personal interest in Liverpool(maybe you wish your team progressed to the latter stages of cups?). It's absoultely pathetic at this stage.

And some of us Liverpool fans are no angels either, but why incite us with your rubbish ?

//edit, just wanted to mention that not all manu fans are petulent, some(who've posted in this thread) are capable of banter and are decent blokes

Firstly, it was a Liverpool fan who brought Man Utd into this. And secondly, your saying we shouldn't post in threads about Liverpool? Cause yeah...Liverpool fans never post in the Man U threads...:rolleyes:

(And it takes a lot to make me use that horrid smiley)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Big Nelly having a go at Liverpool? Never............

Wonders never cease! :rolleyes:

but anyway, thought it was a great game - edge of the seat stuff towards the end. Also that's the best performace I've ever seen from Kewell in a Liverpool shirt.

Do we have info on how serious his injury is?

For once I'd like to see Mourinho be gracious in defeat, but I suppose it makes the victory all that sweeter. Looks like we'll be heading back to the Millenium Stadium again, its becoming like a second home :D

YNWA

:):):):):):):):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

zabbo wrote:

What? Liverpool threads are the most interesting because I disagree with most, maybe all your opinions on football and life generally. ManU fans can't have you getting away with things like " maybe you wish your team progressed to the latter stages of cups". Thats eleven FA Cup wins thank you very much.

Man Utd fans have sung the refrain of You'll Never Walk Alone as

""sign on, sign on, with hope in your heart and you'll never get a job, you'll never get a job."

So it's true! :p

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement