Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I cant belive its the FA Cup Semi Finals Thread

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I actually tried to put a stop to this thread turning into a Liverpool/Man U thread if you actually cared to read back on the thread. As for us Man U fans posting in Liverpool threads, get a grip will you. How is gods name are you going to keep pool fans out of Man U threads contantly bragging about their FIVE european cups and about the amout of league titles they have one more that us.

Its all part of what goes on here in the soccer forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

My quip about 'Gerrard going missing' was actualy not intended as a dig at Utd fans, I just doubted if any Liverpool fans would mention it, cos he had a very quiet game and 'having a go' at Gerrard is seen as not on by some I imagine. I think he's allowed to get away with more than any other Pool player.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

You really are from lala land!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

mike65 wrote:
    Big Nelly someone in the Chelsea seating threw something at Gerrard as he prepared to take a corner so should Chavskis get turfed out too?

Mike.

When did this happen? I never seen it. If so then the FA should find the fans, my point is this constantly happens at Liverpool games, happened against Rooney, then against Chelsea, also attacking am ambulance against Utd this season. Also the incident with Sheilds...if Liverpool fans are not learning that this should not be happening constantly in any of there big games then the FA should do something about it. This could be seen as the same as Inter v Milan in the Champions League last season.

Big Nelly the incident came in the first half when, if I remember right Gerrard was teeing up a corner on the near side for the first time.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

toilet2hc.jpg

w7k906.jpg

w7k9ww.jpg

w7kbw0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Big Nelly wrote:
    When did this happen? I never seen it. If so then the FA should find the fans, my point is this constantly happens at Liverpool games, happened against Rooney, then against Chelsea, also attacking am ambulance against Utd this season. Also the incident with Sheilds...if Liverpool fans are not learning that this should not be happening constantly in any of there big games then the FA should do something about it. This could be seen as the same as Inter v Milan in the Champions League last season.

Chelsea fans fought stewards after the Fulham game, but since that is not liverpool doing it I am sure you do not care. CHelsea were fined for their fans throwing coins at the west ham C Cup game last year and yet you mention nothing of throwing them out. Whay are you not calling for Chelseas expulsion for the league ? Ah I know why, it's because you are not as goo a troll as your brother, at least he pretends to have a balanced view.

Oh and Rasta Banned for a week, scum is not an acceptable term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Really is quite shocking some of the stuff done, but in all fairness, that could have been done by one person. It wasn't like Landsdowne road a couple of years ago where it was mass scale.
    This could be seen as the same as Inter v Milan in the Champions League last season.

What the hell are you on about?
    How could this be seen as the same? At that match the entire stadium exploded, with mass scale rioting. At this match, one drunken 'fan', threw a beer bottle onto the pitch. I'm not saying it's not serious, I'm not saying that Liverpool fans in general have a worse public record than other fans, but let's not be stupid about it, the two are not comparable at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Meldrew this isnt the Waterford forum, read the charter again if you need to.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Aquos76 wrote:
    I actually tried to put a stop to this thread turning into a Liverpool/Man U thread if you actually cared to read back on the thread. As for us Man U fans posting in Liverpool threads, get a grip will you. How is gods name are you going to keep pool fans out of Man U threads contantly bragging about their FIVE european cups and about the amout of league titles they have one more that us.

Its all part of what goes on here in the soccer forum.
    And long may it continue...

• Advertisement

Chelsea fans fought stewards after the Fulham game, but since that is not liverpool doing it I am sure you do not care. CHelsea were fined for their fans throwing coins at the west ham C Cup game last year and yet you mention nothing of throwing them out. Whay are you not calling for Chelseas expulsion for the league ? Ah I know why, it's because you are not as goo a troll as your brother, at least he pretends to have a balanced view.

So its ok for Liverpool fans to sneak in drink into a game and then throw it onto the pitch? this is an FA Cup semi final and alot of the World is looking at the game and will see this. I don't care about the Chelsea fans, if you knew something you would know Shef Wed have a very brutal fan base at times but the club has worked towards getting rid of this element with numerous promotions giving young fans entry into the stadium for a quid etc to try and educate bring more fans in and to teach them proper ways to act in a stadium.

Liverpool have done what? get players to go out on TV and blame a government because a fan is in jail. There is a larger picture here but you have missed it. If nothing happens to that "fan" then we will see it again. From what I heard Liverpool done nothing about the Smith incident while every other club in PL and lower division would have worked with police to get rid of this.

If you want to keep your Liverpool blinkers on then do so! I dont care.

Oh yeah Im a troll? attack the post and not the poster, but as seen cause Im not a Liverpool supporter I have to work with different rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

Big Nelly wrote:
    From what I heard Liverpool done nothing about the Smith incident while every other club in PL and lower division would have worked with police to get rid of this.
    Ahem,
    Hooligan raids: 10 held
    10 arrests over post-game trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Triton

No need to turf them out they have already been knocked out. Once again you display your anti-liverpool bias talking your rubbish about throwing one team out despite not paying any attention to the incident that occurred when a Chelsea fan threw something onto the pitch at Gerrard. Nice to see you taking over on the trolling where your brother left off.

Great result for the pool and nice to see a good game of football, was hoping Alonso would get a shot from inside his own box when Cudicini was out, now that would have been a goal.

Why is there a need to bring a user into the discussion who isn't involved in the forum at the minute and hasn't even been involved in this thread? And not even once are they brought into the discussion but twice.

0-0 Boro game 20 mins gone.

Decent game neither team seem to be able to defend much.

Big Nelly i dont think any teams fans are all innocent and smiley and if Pool were thrown out and Chelsea too for whatever was thrown at Gerrard, and if every game was looked at like that there woudlnt be many teams left. Its up to the clubs to sort it and generally at home games they do. Idiots supporting every team.

Seems everyone missed these

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4935796.stm
    olice arrested 24 people following the FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Chelsea at Old Trafford.
    Six men have been charged with violent disorder following the Liverpool v Manchester United FA Cup tie.

Another link sems to be gone about the MANCHESTER police action pregame.

And of course the whole glass house thing, Should Sheff Wed and Utd be kicked out of the league?
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/175343/message/1133798600/THE+PAPERS+SAY

And of course Pats http://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=775

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

What I find kind of bizzare was, when the bottle was thrown only Crouch was in the vacinity. In which case it was a very delayed reaction from whatever hooligan threw the bottle.

Good advertisment for budweiser though. :)

I don't think anyone can say Liverpool fans (who are mostly from liverpool, unlike some other "big" clubs) are all a bunch of angels. Whoever threw that bottle should be banned from attending matches, likewise whoever destroyed those sinks in the above picture. Luckily most grounds have adequate cctv nowadays - so that should be a relatively easy job.

Other than that, I think everyone should try to keep their personal vendettas to themselves - its actually getting kind of tiring at this stage.

Eat your broccolli ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I think IGNORE solution might help appease some of hassle in this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I feel terrible for Schwarzer, he's after breaking his cheek-bone which could end his season. 2 potential cup finals and a World Cup could be gone out the window.

Zabbo highlighting the Ignore USER option not SPECIFIC USER OPTION.

Dont think Ashton could do anything there other than keep going. Shame that biggest part of his pro career gone in an instant.

kdjac

Flips sake, Harewood scores.

Mike.

• Advertisement

1-0 Harewood good finsih.

Its impossible to knock him off the ball :eek:

Good game end to end stuff, boro seem a bit lost since keeper went off, and not much sub keeper could do about that finsih.

kdjac

Boro throwing the sink at West Ham but can't get a break.

Mike.

So then, the Hammers are in the final and the UEFA Cup.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

all over ham through.

odd that 2 of the promoted teams will probably end in the top 10 and they both got into a cup final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

all over ham through.

odd that 2 of the promoted teams will probably end in the top 10 and they both got into a cup final.
    And even more odd that the other promoted team ran away with the Championship last season... Only to get thoroughly creamed in the harsh unforgiving reality of the top flight.

There's a warning to Coppell and Reading if ever I saw one!

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Other than that, I think everyone should try to keep their personal vendettas to themselves - its actually getting kind of tiring at this stage.

Eat your broccolli ;)

I have no problems with Liverpool fans, I live with with one but its the atitude on here that gets me annoyed. Have I had a problem with Mike65? no! and we post on a regulary basis on motors forum and never had a prob. Its the atitude on here. Everything Liverpool is great and after that your banned.

I dont know you, which means I dont care but if you said what you posted last week then I cant comment on my actions. It was funny that for once T4TF disappeared for the duration of that thread while I was been insulted and then pops up on ever other thread I post.

Then of couse if I post I am always brought back to what my bro says, we have different opinions(surprise) and this forum is about opinions if I am not mistaken. Never knew it was about an attack on someones family!! it has been made clearly(by the "mod") that we are brothers so I dont see what the problem is? why does it make my points any less valid? ok they are not always right but this is the point of boards! not just mods to rule whatever thinks!!!!!

• Advertisement

Well I wasn't just referring to your vendetta. Although you are certainly among the main offenders. I think T4TF and others would be better off ignoring your well thought out thoughts / trollish thoughts.

Either way, no one was insulting anyones family - so you can keep your veiled threats to yourself. A little levity never hurt anyone.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Well I wasn't just referring to your vendetta. Although you are certainly among the main offenders. I think T4TF and others would be better off ignoring your well thought out thoughts / trollish thoughts.

Either way, no one was insulting anyones family - so you can keep your veiled threats to yourself. A little levity never hurt anyone.

Yeah it was a dream?????????? sorry what I was typing was part of my new dream. I forgot to tell boards. Again not starting a tit for tat with some people

SebtheBum wrote:
    And even more odd that the other promoted team ran away with the Championship last season... Only to get thoroughly creamed in the harsh unforgiving reality of the top flight.

There's a warning to Coppell and Reading if ever I saw one!
    Its strange though - I really expected Sunderland to do better. Shame they had so many injuries.

I reckon a lot of people will have a soft-spot for Reading next year - with so many Irish players etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Either way, no one was insulting anyones family

I disagree. If that post was about my family I would be fairly insulted.

Kingp35 wrote:
    I disagree. If that post was about my family I would be fairly insulted.
    I think you're great ;)

No seriously, I do. Big Nelly's just kiddin around, he wasn't insulted, he and I play around like this all the time. In fact I just call him BiN (its short for Big Nelly). Think of it as art. BiN and I are the artists and everyone else is both our art and the audience. But ol BiN is very committed to this work, so he probably won't admit to it - but I wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea, just enjoy the ride.

• Advertisement

fair play to Benitez for once again rising above the pettiness that seems to be a trademark of Mourinho and increasingly Wenger.

On Mourinho's comments, Benitez merely added: "I have heard the same things before the Champions League games. We are in the final of the FA Cup and I must give credit to players and not talk about the other team."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

RE*AC*TOR wrote:

Liverpool fans (who are mostly from liverpool, unlike some other "big" clubs) .

Really? I find that hard to believe. As there are more Liverpool fans on this forum than fans of any other club perhaps they could post what part of Liverpool they hail from to prove you point.

The Muppet wrote:
    Really? I find that hard to believe. As there are more Liverpool fans on this forum than fans of any other club perhaps they could post what part of Liverpool they hail from to prove you point.
    I was referring to liverpool fans who attend the away matches, and go to anfield every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I was referring to liverpool fans who attend the away matches, and go to anfield every week.

Oh! thats not what you said and I doubt it is true either. I'm sure there's a pretty strong contingent of Irish fans at most of their matches.

Well I was comparing them to other teams - most "big" clubs will of course have fans from other regions other than their immediate vacinity.

Either way, it was only an impression I had got, maybe its incorrect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

The Muppet wrote:

Really Irish but I spent a lot of time growing up in Southdeane, Kirkby.

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

A very good result for Liverpool, deserved in the main I think, although allowing Chelsea to come at you at the end of the match with a 1-goal lead is a risky tactic.

An important result as well for the sport in England and in Europe. Limiting Chelsea to just the league title, where their style of grinding out results is successful but lacking in flair, is a dent to Abramovich's "bling project". It keeps Chelsea's hands off the blue riband and high profile trophy that the FA Cup undoubtedly is, even though to win it, luck in the draw can play a big part and in terms of money its not a huge money-spinner (at least for the bug clubs). But

Abramovich does sorely want to win it and get that day in the limelight, as ith a wealth of UKP 10.8 billion or whatever it is, it is not financial succes that he is after. Yet, the Chelsea method of buying success is not working out, and so it proved on Sat, where Chelsea lacked flair.

The tactical line-up from Chelsea was one of the most defensive I have ever seen. It looked as if Chelsea were trying to protect a 1-0 lead against the likes of Brazil. A 4-4-2 diamond formation of sorts, but the midfield was full of defensive minded players, apart from Lampard who is the arch long shot marksman for Chelsea.

It was Liverpool who played with flair. A strong back four line-up, their best in my opinion, and for once the outlet of Kewell on the left had the better of the opposing defender. Combned with Riise who has great pace, it worked well. Chelsea had no invention and the goal was fully deserved by Liverpool. It was also a definite free-kick, glad to see the ref on this occasion picking up on the fouls that John Terry usually gets away with in his very physical defending. Studs up is dangerous play even if you get the ball, and the FIFA ref's body endorsed that some years ago.

Gerrard I thought had a subdued game. He didnt do much on the right and did his best work when moving inside, although he set up a nice one for Garcia who blazed over the bar.

The 2nd Liverpool goal had errors in it from Chelsea, with a couple of mis-directed headers. Garcia had it all to do though from that distance and it was a great finish. This goal, along with his contributions dring the season and last, means that he is someone to keep at Liverpool, warts and all. We know he makes mistakes, he gives the ball away cheaply, he can miss. But his attempts at magic at times do pay off and this can cause breakthrough's and goals, especially important in tight matches such as these.

The Chelsea goal was helped be several Liverpool errors. A relatively safe cross was balooned into the air by a mis-directed Riise diving header attempted clearance. He should have dealt with it with his feet but went for the spectacular. Reina, also went for the spectacular but didnt get to the ball on time and allowed Drogba to head it into the net. A gift of a goal. That gave Chelsea some hope and they upped their resolve and pressure. Cole and Duff and Robben doing more and more damage. Why these 3 players weren't on from the start is something that only Mourinho knows.

On the negative side for Liverpool I wasnt enamoured by Reina. He didnt do well with crosses, a thing we have seen in the past. The goal from Drogba was mainly his fault, and the Terry disallowed one (and rightly so) was one that he clearly should have cut out, as it was a long cross which was in his 6-yatf box. That is goalies territory. He is in the main better than Dudek but not as safe as houses and I thought that yesterday he was a cause for unnecessary turmoil in hte Liverpool box.

The result was fully deserved though, and many managers and players and fans and even Uefa will be glad to see that the money-driven onslaught of Chelsea has been given another check by Liverpool.

West Ham will be the competition in the final, and Liverpool know very well that anything can happen in a final, 1988 and Wimbledon is a lesson that no-one will forget. Its a chance for a trophy though, and it will be most welcome if it does indeed come to pass.

redspider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

reactor is correct on this one,
    its well known that liverpool tickets are in hands of locals by a huge majority.
    and liverpool dont have the same reputation in america and asia, and the middle east.

Birdsong....a poem to celebrate our semi-final victory

Once upon a time, a red Liver bird slew a Blue lion.
    Swooped and flew through the beast's weak den walls,
    a wing span casting shadows, over Roman's double talk.
    The mighty mythical bird pushed forward, ignored roars,
    snatched glory, from beneath the big cat's golden claws.
    A hard, bloody fight, won by a goal as soft as kitten paws!
    As the beaten beast's blue blood imbrued the red devil's home,
    the last birdsong the lion ever heard, was You'll Never Walk Alone.

by Cheyelle Omar

Advertisement