Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xecuter 3 Help Needed

• 21-04-2006 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

I have just installed a Xecuter 3 in to my Xbox, went to switch it on and the Xbox start and switched off twice but then stayed on but nothing comes on the screen.

Also the chip does not enabled it remains disabled, The Xbox will load normally and i do get Xbox screen to load.

I have double checked all my solders and they seem to be fine but this is my first modchip install.

Anyone got any suggestions.

I wouldn't mind paying someone locally if i knew it would be done right. Iam in Waterford

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

I have just installed a Xecuter 3 in to my Xbox, went to switch it on and the Xbox start and switched off twice but then stayed on but nothing comes on the screen.

Also the chip does not enabled it remains disabled, The Xbox will load normally and i do get Xbox screen to load.

I have double checked all my solders and they seem to be fine but this is my first modchip install.

Anyone got any suggestions.

I wouldn't mind paying someone locally if i knew it would be done right. Iam in Waterford

What version Xbox is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Bu11et_Proof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

If you have used the PCB rebuild board take a look at this and verify all your Solder joints

1.6%20rebuild%20board.jpg

Especially the one marked with the blue Square and the far right red square as these are the often overlooked

Pete

still the same i have checked the solders again i did actually miss one but got it sorted.

But the xbox still wont start well tries reboots twice and then stays on but nothing on the screen

If i remove the chip it boots fine, i have looked at tother sites and some people are having the same problem bad bios seems to pop up could this be it ?

OK so i decided to take the chip out now my Xbox will not start up at all, no lights come on the front.

I do know what it could be damaged motherboard or psu the attchment from psu to mother has got voltage so i think it might be the motherboard.

Iam gonna have to find someone that can order a new motherboard and replace it for me and also to get a chip fitted any one know someone that can do this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

http://www.modchipsireland.com/ are supposed to be good

I tried ringing them but phone is not even ringing, also sent message to them on yahoo no response and same for email. I found a place called http://www.console-repairs.co.uk/ they have a nofix no feee policy and they seem pretty positive about getting it all fixed. Everything for 30 quid, Xbox fixed and they will fit chip also so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

This is why people should learn how to soft mod. It's really not that hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Have you got the alternate 5V connected to the voltage regulator on the upper side of the board??
    Did you remove the pin from the header for 1.6s like the manual said?
    Are any traces broken? Did you use a flux dispenser pen/tinning?

Did you rewire the flux capacitor?

• Advertisement

Yeah i followed the instructions to the letter, i used solder with flux in it.
    Well i just got a call from the guy today that was looking at the mother board, he said he has replaced parts which i have damaged but no joy.

I am gonna just have to get a new motherboard and send it to the guy and let him fit the chip to it, as least then i can blame him if it goes wrong.

Oh yeah about the flux capacitor well i followed this diagram :

FluxCapacitor.jpg

Heh for a minute there I didn't think that you had gotten the joke.

Nah i just thought the thread died a while ago, just popped in and said i'd reply :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

Well i just got a call from the guy today that was looking at the mother board, he said he has replaced parts which i have damaged but no joy.

That's strange because the HD anybody's Xbox is locked to a unique EEPROM contained on the m/board of the Xbox..

You cannot switch just the motherboard of a new XBox and replace you're one as the EEPROM is contained on the damaged m/board hence you're HD is locked and cannot be unlocked without the EEPROM..

I sent the guy my hardrive and mother board together, i got a replacement motherboard and harddrive off ebay so iam gonna get the chip fitted to the new one right this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Aye, 1.6s are a bitch.

Advertisement