Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X10 or similar for swithcing on lights?

• 21-04-2006 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have no knowledge of X10, but am interested in it as a potential solution to a problem that I am trying to solve.

When my house alarm triggers, I want the exterior lights (floodlights) on the house to switch on. The switch for these is located about 20m away from the alarm panel. As such, fitting a relay on the alarm panel wouldn't really help!

I thought of using a wireless signal from the alarm panel to switch on the lights using an X10 switch. As such, the trigger from the alarm panel would trigger an X10 signal which would tell the remote switch to turn on.

does any of this make any sense?!!!.....or does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives etc!!

Also, if you have suggestions, can you send me links to places where i can buy the stuff needed?

Ta,
    Jab

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Well if it could be possible to use a relay to make a connection that sends a signal then I would'nt see how it would'nt work.
    Im not too familiar with X10, I know about its uses, but im not too good with what equipment is available.

Advertisement