Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rogue Trooper out today :(

Options
  • 21-04-2006 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Possibly my favourite comic and now Eidos about to kill it with crapness, a talent they possess in vast quantities.

http://www.eidos.co.uk/gss/roguetrooper/

Wosrt thing is im still going to buy it and play it to death, as the 2000AD guys were heavily involved in the story so maybe one to play just for the cut scenes :(

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The only review I've seen was one where it got 60% so I doubt its much good alright. I was in Game in Blanchardstown this morning and saw absolutely no mention of its release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rebellion. The blokes who already butched Judge Dredd in Dredd vs. Death or whatever that forgettable game was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Ahh Drokk, I had naive hopes that this game might be ok, but now that you say its from the same ppl that butchered all things 2000AD in dredd vs death all my hopes are pebble-dashed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

God Damn It!
    How long must we wait for a decent 2000ad game?
    I remember Nemesis The Warlock many years ago but since then not a bloody thing worth buying, really thought that Rogue was going to pull it out of the fire, feck, feck feck!

Just have to spend my money on Dragon Quest instead.

When, I wonder, will we get an ABC Warrior game/movie/anything at all, I want to be Mek Quake, BIG JOBS, BIG JOBS!

Thank you for your attention.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭strangeloop

Looks fairly average, don't think I'll bother with it. At least rogue trooper on the spectrum rocked....20 years ago:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'd personally love to see either a Slaine or ABC Warriors game on the Xbox360, imagine the blood in Slaine !!1 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Tbh, when I saw the trailer a while back, I somehow knew it'd turn out along the lines of The Punisher, or any of the other atrocious Marvel games that've been released recently.

Won't be going near it, needless to say.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yes, I remember the spectrum Rogue Trooper game, more than a little easy if my memory serves.
    But such is life, perhaps we are doomed to crap comic book licences for all eternity with only abberations like Spiderman2 on the Xbo and PS2 to trick us into believing that things have changed for the better only to have our hopes dashed with the next lazy conversion.

I would give a kidney for a trading game based on Ace Trucking, oh yes, Ace, GBH, goomballs, the lot, or perhaps stomping about bringing a moronic or should that be single minded type of destruction to demons in Armoured Gideon? Yum, Yum!

1st impressions

1st off i love the guy, legend and his little evil buddies also very cool, so the idea in the 1st place was a perfect match just implementation and total expectation of crapness had me hesitant but i knew i was going to get this regardless.

But its actually good, just completed the 1st few levels and as expected its Conflict Global Storm redone with all the bugs worked out so its 3rd person and control is fairly perfect, i have Gunnar and Bagman and their quips only come in "cinematic moments" or when you do something "special" /Gunnar is pure evil........hehehehhe childish giggle.

Generally its move to area kill everything with your gun (Gunnar) or your knife "lets knife" gets a mention for something "special" and use a vast amount of things on the way from AA to Rocket Launchers, its heavily scripted and linear. But it is a comic book so i not too arsed. The game package feels like a DVD with tonnes of extras to be unlocked and the story is so far following the comic word for word, except when you see someone at the start you know who it is (those who read the comic).

Its also a 4 player online game Coop imagine my joy at that :D Only stuck my head into a server to check it out (one player hosts other 3 join same as Global Storm).

Now off to find Helm and kill many many more people :)

€45 on PC and 55 on console in Game, 25 on play for PC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/comics/2000adstrips/rogue/roguetrooper01.shtml <<< 1st comic

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Good enough for me KDJAC.. I really liked the idea, but it got so bashed I was put off.. so I'm off to buy it and see for myself!

Still no proper reviews for this, its a bloody great kill everything game with some clever ideas. Gunnar is Sentry gun, bagman creates new and powerful weapons that the more and better ways you kill gets you more points to make new weapons. You have a Holo Helm that can be used to scout out bad situations or in high power mode used as decoy.

Takes from God Of War with Kill Mode which reqs Splinter Cellesque stealth to get into position but the cutscene is worth it :D

5 levels in 477 bad guys killed , 211 headshots, 21,000 salavge points which bagman uses to make new grenades and weapons. Only one gripe is that you dont cop on how to throw grenades properly early in the game. Can run jump roll and stealth.

Game of the year so far for me and thats not even mentioned the niche online mode (wont be a grade a MP game but its fun and different).

The cutscenes and cinematic moments are far better than any FF movie :p

Sorry Eidos and Rebellion, well done :)
    http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=683811 PS2 review

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

sounds good. i'm definitely in the mood for blowing some **** up right about now.
    i've already ordered 2 other games today, but i might as well grab this as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

PC or PS2 do you reckon??? is it 1st or 3rd person?

3rd person, i using mouse and key and its perfect, aiming in obviously better.

cheaper on pc? looks really nice no slowdown at all on medium spec pc.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Those sniping bits with the sniper elite fella are annoying. good game, too quick tho, loaded it last night and i'd say i'm on the last boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭strangeloop

This is a very cool game, Rebellion did a fantastic job. Definetly an 8/10 from me. Online is good fun as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Ah..Tank Shots....they crack me up everytime, even more satisfying than the glorious headshot. Thanks for the headsup on this, I would have given it a miss otherwise.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=636

Me review, have a few videos in Q for google video, they were high quality but google lowered them for some reason(only 18mbs too) :D

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6405622711108007381

When Gunnar gets unleashed :)

kdjac

Advertisement