Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend PL games

• 21-04-2006 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

I can't be arsed with anything else.

Arsenal v Spurs 12.45.

Spurs missing King, Gardner, Jenas and possibly Mido.

Expected team:

Robbo
    Stalteri Dawson Davenport Lee
    Lennon Carrick Davids Murphy
    Keane Defoe

subs:

Cerny, Kelly, Naybet, Huddlestone, Barnard.

Can't see past 3 points for Arsenal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

balls.

but i would think davids will play on the left with murphy playing high in the centre.

personally, id love to see bernard play instead of defoe.

if were going to go down, hell, do it kciking and screaming!

but i will still say it here and now, if we lose, i dont think its all over, but i would have been happy with a uefa cup place at the start of the season, and i am now. the better teams always finish the season ahead of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Saturday, 22 April 2006
    Arsenal v Tottenham, 12:45 Home
    Bolton v Charlton, 15:00 Away
    Everton v Birmingham, 15:00 Draw
    Newcastle v West Brom, 15:00 Home
    Portsmouth v Sunderland, 15:00 Home

Monday, 24 April 2006
    Fulham v Wigan, 20:00 Cba

Tuesday, 25 April 2006
    Aston Villa v Man City, 19:45 Cba

Wednesday, 26 April 2006
    West Ham v Liverpool, 19:45 Home

There are other games, but your right bugger all interest in them this weekend.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Saturday, 22 April 2006
    Bolton v Charlton, 15:00 Home
    Everton v Birmingham, 15:00 Away

Monday, 24 April 2006
    Fulham v Wigan, 20:00 Away

Tuesday, 25 April 2006
    Aston Villa v Man City, 19:45 Away

Wednesday, 26 April 2006
    West Ham v Liverpool, 19:45 Away

Hmmm, no blackburn games for a while...good, might give them some time to get their **** together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Bolton v Charlton, 15:00 home
    Everton v Birmingham, 15:00 home
    Newcastle v West Brom, 15:00 draw

Fulham v Wigan, 20:00 draw
    Aston Villa v Man City, 19:45 draw
    West Ham v Liverpool, 19:45 draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Triton

Defoe is definitely out for Spurs according to BBC and ITV texts.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Lehmann

Eboue     Toure     Senderos     Flamini

Pires     Diaby     Gilberto      Reyes

Adebayor     Henry

Would be my team. I'm expecting a draw, unless Davenport (who I don't rate) has a nightmare. Arsenal are looking tired lately, and Spurs can play deep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

davenport is a cracking player.
    id rather him than gardner anyday.

i just hope dawson can lead from the back!

im actually going for an arsenal win :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Bolton v Charlton, 15:00 home
    Everton v Birmingham, 15:00 draw
    Newcastle v West Brom, 15:00 draw

Aston Villa v Man City, 19:45 away
    West Ham v Liverpool, 19:45 draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Arsenal v Tottenham, 12:45 Draw
    Bolton v Charlton, 15:00 Draw
    Everton v Birmingham, 15:00 away

Aston Villa v Man City, 19:45 away
    West Ham v Liverpool, 19:45 away

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Is Arsenal vs. Spurs a live Sky Sports match or Prem Plus?

• Advertisement

sky sports 1

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Sound. Will check that out, should be a good match.

hopefully lots of goals and a few slaps

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=GoCoupons&category=SOCCER&ev_class_id=49&id=294

Spurs are 4-1 to win on paddy power, even tho football sense says Arsenal will win, you be mad not to have a little bet on Spurs.

Spurs to win 1st half , Ars 2nd 22-1

kdjac

is pires playing,he always scores against spurs

edit he is and good value to score first at 15-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Saturday, 22 April 2006
    Arsenal v Tottenham, 12:45 Draw
    Bolton v Charlton, 15:00 Home
    Everton v Birmingham, 15:00 Home

Monday, 24 April 2006
    Fulham v Wigan, 20:00 Fulham

Tuesday, 25 April 2006
    Aston Villa v Man City, 19:45 Draw

Wednesday, 26 April 2006
    West Ham v Liverpool, 19:45 Draw

Spurs 1-0 and fully deserved.

Of course there has to be controversy, 2 Arsenal players collided and were on ground when ball broke to Davids who squared to Keane for a tap in.

Good game 30 mins left.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

What are the odds on Wenger thumping Jol ???:D He was squaring up to thump Jol after the goal !!

ZEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

F**king BS goal tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

ZENER wrote:
    What are the odds on Wenger thumping Jol ???:D He was squaring up to thump Jol after the goal !!

ZEN

Wenger appears to be a tad irate all right, Bless!

Good Goal , The Arsenal players were behind play when they collided so had very little bearing on the goal IMHO. That wont stop the bitching though.

On play up to then Tottenham deserved to be in front. Arsenal are only really getting into it now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Get in!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

The play on and goal rigthly stood in my opinion.

Henry 1-1 thats just magic, stunning finish of power and pace.

/me applauds.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

how long were the two players down for, was it during the build up to the goal or were they down for a good while before the goal?

Superb - sublime - wonderous - running out of superlatives here. Great goal by Henry, well done.

ZEN

how long were the two players down for, was it during the build up to the goal or were they down for a good while before the goal?

few seconds, they both ran into each other but the ball wasnt near them, they both got back up without treatment so hardly hampered. No need to stop play imo.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah come on Spurs hang on in there.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

KdjaC wrote:
    few seconds, they both ran into each other but the ball wasnt near them, they both got back up without treatment so hardly hampered. No need to stop play imo.

kdjac
    cheers for that, if it stays like this its going to be a very interesting last few games indeed

Anyone esle finding it weird watching Arsenal hump the ball into the box?

Game over 1-1.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Tottenham have to be happy with that, 4th is still in their own hands.

Good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

No handshake? petty.

Sounds like Spurs should have won that game in the first half, Wenger did'nt do himself any favours.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Thank f*ck thats over!

Stalteri does it again, the guy has cost us at least 7 points this year, and as for Davids...:rolleyes: I hope that's his last game for us, he's supposed to be the experienced one for us and gets himself sent off in our biggest game in years? Prat. We sat too deep after scoring, and Jol should be asking himself why he didn't take Davids off for Murphy, but other than that I'm delighted with the result and the performance.

Wenger walked off after the game without shaking Jol's hand. Looking forward to his post-game interview.

Davids did nothing wrong for the goal btw.

And I'd a €10 on the draw! :D

Wenger walked off after the game without shaking Jol's hand.

He probably couldn't see him .;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I think both goals were perfectly fair. Sky Sports trying to create controversy out of nothing for Keane's goal. 2 Arsenal players ran into each other and Spurs are expected to put the ball out? Maybe if it was their 2 centre halfs but Spurs would have scored whether the players clashed or not.

It's in Spurs' hands now and it will no doubt go down to the last game. If Arsenal win the CL it will make this match meaningless tbh.

• Advertisement

Hmmm Stalteri may have been fouled in the lead up to the goal, didnt notice it during the match so wouldnt expect the ref to either.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Hmmm Stalteri may have been fouled in the lead up to the goal, didnt notice it during the match so wouldnt expect the ref to either.

kdjac

Wasn't a foul.

The Muppet wrote:
    He probably couldn't see him .;)

:D Very good !!

ZEN

Usual from Wenger, no class or grace. Lucky there wasn't any pizza lying around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

If anyone is interested, Juventus are 0-1 down at home to Lazio and Milan have come from 1-0 down to lead 1-2 away to Messina.

Looking like a great finish to the Serie A now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

IMO Keanes goal was fine. Spurs were perfectly within their rights to play on. Carrick stopped and looked at the two players on the ground and saw that it wasnt a serious injury for either and saw one of them get up as well. I dont know why Davids was getting the stick from the Arsenal players because if it was anyones fault for not putting it out then it was Carricks. Perfectly good goal if you ask me and Wengers actions after the match were just Childish.

Wenger got it totally wrong with his team selection. I can understand why he did it because some of the players looked very tired near the end of the midweek game but I really should have started Henry. Spurs dominated the game all the way up to the point where they scored. This is what finally woke Arsenal up although Spurs dropping off definitely helped them.

I think Spurs should have won the game with teh amount of chances they had. Carricks run was brilliant and what a pity he couldnt finish it off. I think they will be happy witha draw though because their destiny is still within their own hands.

What a finish by Henry as well. Sheer magic.

The bbc 606 message boards are pretty ugly this afternoon. This place is nicer than Julie Andrews.

Mike.

Kingp35 wrote:

I think Spurs should have won the game with teh amount of chances they had. Carricks run was brilliant and what a pity he couldnt finish it off.

All I could think was "Ricky Villa..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I don't know WTF Arsenal were complaining about Spurs perfectly good goal. It was two Arsenal players who clashed with each other and Spurs gained no advantage whatsover from the injured players misfortune. Wasn't exactly surprising to see Lehmann and Wenger being the two main moans. :rolleyes:

Good game anyway. Spurs the better side and they probably should have won it. I personally thought it was a clear foul by Adebayor on Stalteri for which Arsenal got very lucky for their equaliser. In saying that I thought the referee was poor overall. David's second yellow card was harsh considering he was clearly fouled before his lunge and the lunge was out of reaction to that. Bennett isn't a consistent referee and he certainly isn't a good one either.

It's gonna be tight for fourth place. Spurs showed enough to me today that they'll take it. Fourth place/Champions League final or not Arsenal are a pale shadow of the team they were 3/4 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

But the point Wenger I'm sure was trying to make was that most of the Arsenal players had stopped, Carrick should have put it out at that stage.
    Bit silly of Wenger not to shake hands with Jol after the match.
    All in all though, draw was a fair result for both teams, Arsenal only came alive when Henry/Fabergas came on. Reyes is useless and the sooner we get rid of him the better, spends far too much time on the floor moaning.
    Spurs will finish 4th if they win their last 2 games.
    Home to Bolton and away to West Ham.
    They should do it.......but....wouldn't it be funny if Arsenal win the Champions league, finish 5th and then knock Spurs into the UEFA cup :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Nootice how Sky didn't really replay the two arsenal players running into each other during the match (they replayed lots of other bits over and over and over...), and kept commenting on the "controversy" of the Tottenham goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I hate the rule that you need to put the ball out, but I accept it in terms of serious injuries, but this was nothing.

Two Arsenal players ran into each other, were not even seriously injured, but stayed on the ground.

Heres the real question to ask, would most players, especially those in the lower divisions, have jsut gotten back up instantly? Anwser is probably yes, but even if it isn't,
    Arsenal lost the goal because of poor defending, it wasn't to do with those players, and evne if it was, Arsenal would do the exact same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

2-0 to newcastle half time.

okidoki987 wrote:
    But the point Wenger I'm sure was trying to make was that most of the Arsenal players had stopped, Carrick should have put it out at that stage.

The point he should be making is in training next week...play to the whistle.

Fourth place/Champions League final or not Arsenal are a pale shadow of the team they were 3/4 years ago.

Wouldn't go that far, but they're seriously dependant on Henry, and that showed today. I was stunned to see that their 2nd highest goalscorer is Pires on 6, I mean Spurs have Keane/Mido/Defoe/Jenas all on 6 or better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement