Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend PL games

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

RTE draw the short straw with the featured game, Everton 0 0 Brum. Shocking stuff so far you'd never guess City we're fighting for survival. The news that Brom are 2 down may spark them in the 2nd half. That or a cattle prod.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

okidoki987 wrote:
    But the point Wenger I'm sure was trying to make was that most of the Arsenal players had stopped, Carrick should have put it out at that stage.

Are you saying thet if your opponets stop playing you should put the ball out? That would be very open to abuse and not something i would like to see in the game..

Unless a player suspects there is serious injury to an opponent they should play on and let the ref decide whether the game should be stopped or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pompey do it again, they'll stay up. WBA and Brum down.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Newcastle 3 - 0 Wba

looks like west brom are set for the championship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

interesting dicussion.

i have two points to make.

the first is i play hockey to a pretty good level. and the we play we to the whistle. always play to the whistle. if someone is injured, then they are injured, but unless the ref blows, then you can -play ball.

second point is, i seem to recall an arsenal v sheffield gamne many years ago, possibly a cup final when arsenal scored a goal while there were injured players on the pitch and they didnt mind taking full advanatge.

im not saying tis roght or its wrong, but every professional knows, you play to the whistle, and if arsenal want to stand around while the ball is NOT in a dangerous area, and then someone scores against them, then quite frankly, thats their business.

im happy with a point. i thought it would be a win for the arsenal. i thought it was a great game played in pretty good spirits. im disappointed that davids got carded again for a tackle and yet he himself was tackled about 10 minutes later by pires i think, who got away scot free. bit of a robbie savage syndrom there, but overall, i thought we should have won.
    but then again, i think that about most matches.
    we need to kill of games, and if and when we can do that, i think we will be worthy of joining the top 4 of english football.
    right now, i think we are 5th placed mmaterial. but again, as ai always say, id prefer points in the bank that games in hand. arsenal have to win 3 games. spurs have to win 2. id rather have to win 2 than 3

Usual from Wenger, no class or grace. Lucky there wasn't any pizza lying around.

i actually agree. im a big fan of wengers, but sometimes, he just gets on my nerves. read the post match article on him, and sour grapes is all i can see.

started going into something about the amount of amtches they had to play.

boo ****ing hoo.

get a bigger squad or something. the perils of being a great team tbh. you get to play a lot of matches.

"If they did not see if from the bench, or even lie about that, I find that very disappointing."

ahhhhhhhh-hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha.

didnt see it from the bench....

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha

good one arsene, i hope youre here all week.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

second point is, i seem to recall an arsenal v sheffield gamne many years ago, possibly a cup final when arsenal scored a goal while there were injured players on the pitch and they didnt mind taking full advanatge.
    In February 1999, after just twelve games and one goal for Inter, Kanu was signed by Arsenal for approximately £4.2 million. His debut for Arsenal, against Sheffield United in the FA Cup, was a highly unusual match. With the score 1-1 and ten minutes to go, the United goalkeeper kicked the ball out of touch so that treatment could be given to an injured player. When the ball was thrown back into play by Ray Parlour, although it was intended for the United 'keeper, Kanu was unaware of the circumstances. Thinking it to be an attacking move, he chased the throw-in down the right wing unchallenged, and centred the ball for Marc Overmars, who promptly scored to make the match 2-1. Immediately after the match Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger offered to right the error and replay the match; in the end, Arsenal won that match 2-1 as well.

Satisfied with a point, it's up to Spurs to drop points now but there's still a reasonable chance that they will do that. Whether Arsenal will be able to capitalise if they do is another matter altogether. I was upset by the nature of Spurs goal as I feel it was a tadge unsporting. I was pleased when Fabregas gave Spurs back the ball after Dawson and Adebayor collided given how pissed off he and the rest of his teammates obviously were.

Entertaining match, Arsenal were so unbelievably bad for 50 minutes though which was painful for me to watch. Spurs should easily have won. Injury to Senderos, but apart from that nothing new. Good timing for Campbell methinks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Saturday, 22 April 2006
    Arsenal v Tottenham, 12:45 Draw
    Bolton v Charlton, 15:00 Home
    Everton v Birmingham, 15:00 Home
    Newcastle v West Brom, 15:00 Home
    Portsmouth v Sunderland, 15:00 Home

Damm Birmingham :/

• Advertisement

In February 1999, after just twelve games and one goal for Inter, Kanu was signed by Arsenal for approximately £4.2 million. His debut for Arsenal, against Sheffield United in the FA Cup, was a highly unusual match. With the score 1-1 and ten minutes to go, the United goalkeeper kicked the ball out of touch so that treatment could be given to an injured player. When the ball was thrown back into play by Ray Parlour, although it was intended for the United 'keeper, Kanu was unaware of the circumstances. Thinking it to be an attacking move, he chased the throw-in down the right wing unchallenged, and centred the ball for Marc Overmars, who promptly scored to make the match 2-1. Immediately after the match Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger offered to right the error and replay the match; in the end, Arsenal won that match 2-1 as well.

Satisfied with a point, it's up to Spurs to drop points now but there's still a reasonable chance that they will do that. Whether Arsenal will be able to capitalise if they do is another matter altogether. I was upset by the nature of Spurs goal as I feel it was a tadge unsporting. I was pleased when Fabregas gave Spurs back the ball after Dawson and Adebayor collided given how pissed off he and the rest of his teammates obviously were.

Entertaining match, Arsenal were so unbelievably bad for 50 minutes though which was painful for me to watch. Spurs should easily have won. Injury to Senderos, but apart from that nothing new. Good timing for Campbell methinks...

aye, that was the one.

spurs may still drop points, but i also believe arsenal wont come away from their next 3 games with 9 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

I was upset by the nature of Spurs goal as I feel it was a tadge unsporting. I was pleased when Fabregas gave Spurs back the ball after Dawson and Adebayor collided given how pissed off he and the rest of his teammates obviously were.

dawson went down with a head injury and the ref actually blew the whistle though a throw in was still given. the difference here is that, not only was it a head injury but also spurs were in possession and arsenal had lost their attack.

on the other hand, spurs shouldnt loose the attacking oppotunity because two players collided. they were behind the ball and it was clear it wasnt serious.

Advertisement