Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vanilla Pods?

• 21-04-2006 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where in Dublin City Centre I can buy some vanilla pods? I have a recipe for chocolate cake that needs some but I can't find any at all :(

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i know they sell them in tesco (in cork but i presume dublin too)

just watch out, they're very expensive, and you'll generally buy them in ones

keep the empty pod in a sugar jar for vanilla sugar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭SteM

Cheers Tree, will trawl the tescos around town to see if any sell them. I knew that they'd be expensive but thought I'd try them as a treat.

The hunt continues....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Most Health Food stores in Dublin carry them, there's a nice place on George's St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I generally get mine in Dunnes, they do a brand in a tube like a cuban cigar tube, the brand is called fiddes and payne it should be in the baking area.
    They are not exactly expensive if you consider how often you can reuse them, just rinse them off after you have scalded them in cream for a custard or whatever and let them dry then store them in a jar of castor sugar and you also end up with vanilla sugar. I have some in jars of sugar that are there a year or so if not longer and they are still fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

the new fallon and byrne off georges street (exchequer street?) sell them individually

• Advertisement
Advertisement