Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbed of Alcohol

Options
  • 21-04-2006 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

Just as Im typing this, I was pouring a can of Bulmers cider for myself. Nothing nicer after a hard weeks work.

However the can wasn't filled probably and I'd say it was only 60%-70% full.
    I realise these things happen on automated machienry lines.

Is this one of these situations where you can't complain? I can't exactly go back to the shop as they won't believe me.

It was in a set of 4 so I wouldn't have noticed it was lighter.

Have I no comeback?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

micmclo wrote:
    Just as Im typing this, I was pouring a can of Bulmers cider for myself. Nothing nicer after a hard weeks work.

However the can wasn't filled probably and I'd say it was only 60%-70% full.
    I realise these things happen on automated machienry lines.

Is this one of these situations where you can't complain? I can't exactly go back to the shop as they won't believe me.

It was in a set of 4 so I wouldn't have noticed it was lighter.

Have I no comeback?

You could go back and say" I'm only half full because the can was only half full". :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Bam Bam

One can in however many you have drunk in your lifetime is filled improperly and you act as though you were cheated.

Just relax and open another can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

you can contact bulmers and let them know that there may be a problem with one of their machines due to the can and let it go from there im sure they will forward to you a coupon or something
    otherwise forget about it and open another can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Guys, maybe I sounded petty in my original post. I'm not losing sleep over missing 200ml of cider.

I'm just pointing out one of the few situations where you get a product of less than perfect quality and there's not much you can do about it. If I bought some food item and its best before date was gone off, I could bring it back.
    I don't have the option of bringing the cider back to the shop in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Considering nobody has ever got a full pint in a pint glass in a pub in Ireland an occassional underfilled can is a small matter

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

gerrycollins is right, you should contact Bulmers and tell them about it. Bulmers is a C&C product.

http://www.candcgroupplc.com/contact.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭shayg1971

Surprised it made it past quality control. Acquaintance of mine worked a summer job up north in a place that canned 7-up products. All cans that were underweight were bumped off automatically and the staff got them as freebies. Some were half empty or more, but meany wre just a bit under. Its got to be the same for Bulmers, so this must be a real anomoly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

perhaps the can had a very small leak?

Advertisement