Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipod adaptor for car radio

Options
  • 21-04-2006 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Can anybody help? I have an ipod adaptor and want to fit it to my factory fitted radio (RCD300 in an 06 VW Passat). The problem is that I can't locate the earth point for the flying earth wire - when the units are connected, the ipod is visible to the headunit, but only if I physically hold the earth wire to the chassis, and then only through the speakers on one side of the car. Very safe and comfortable for driving..

When I switch back to CD or radio the speakers work agein. I have tried disconnecting the battery before connecting the unit, but no difference.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Find the earth wire going into your car radio usually a black coloured wire and join to that. I usually use a scotchloc which can be got from any car shop just clamps on over the wire and you squeeze the clip and your connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

you could also connect it to the metal body of your car stereo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 udump

Thanks I will try over the weekend, I keep thinking I'm deaf in my left ear, until I switch back to Radio!

Advertisement