Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arsehole Jobs in the Advertiser

Options
  • 21-04-2006 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

Anybody have the same problem as me? You know you send out a cv to whoever and then they dont bother their hole even replying to you like even if you didnt get the job they should at least say so and i think they are obliged to tell you the reason why i dont know if that true but its open to debate, BTW sometimes i dont know why they bother even putting the ad in the paper!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I got a phone call two months ago saying that they had received my application from Feb 6th and did I want to come for an interview?

only problem was I applied in February 2003............

When I told them this they asked if I was still looking for a job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭IrishAirCorps

No way thats crazy!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

aye I agree, they should tell you if you been selected for the job or not and the reason if they reject you, but alas bosses have a lot of CVs to contend to and may not have the time or whatever, but it's still rude...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Some positions are already filled by someone they know and they're just advertising the job to cover themselves. I think the very least they can do is let a person know one way or the other. If they cannot be bothered replying to each application they should do what some UK and US companies do and place an ad in newspaper informing people that the position is now filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I find the employment market in Galway severely in favour of the employer....in general there are a hell of a lot of people applying for each and every job advertised and if it is a relatively good job they will be inundated with applicants. There just arent enough jobs out there to cover the people who:
    a) are in galway looking for a new job.
    b) the considerably more who are trying to move to galway from the east coast or otherwise.
    c) students-there is a massive student population in Galway alone.

So in a sense the employers dont really have to care too much about the applicants cos they know they will have plenty dying to work for them. (That doesnt really excuse them doing it but just trying to point out the reality of the situation)
    Its a fairly big problem with cities on the Western seaboard. Over reliance on one or two big companies and not a big enough diversity of jobs. Causes the whole jobs market to be heavily in favour of the employer.

That said, the same thing can happen when you apply for jobs elsewhere. I suppose its down to the employer and courtesy.
    Thats my take on the whole situation.
    Kippy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

They will never (or very rarely) reply to every CV they receive and I dont blame them really.
    I have got called for interviews where they didn't even bother letting me know I didn't get the job. Thats pretty rude after making the effort to turn up for an interview.

Advertisement