Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs - Round 1

Options
  • 21-04-2006 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

WEST

San Antonio Spurs(1) vs. Sacramento Kings(8)

Phoenix Suns(2) vs. Los Angeles Lakers(7)

Denver Nuggets(3) vs. Los Angeles Clippers(6)

Dallas Mavericks(4) vs. Memphis Grizzlies(5)

EAST

Detriot Pistons(1) vs. Milwaukee Bucks(8)

Miami Heat(2) vs. Chicago Bulls(7)

New Jersey Nets(3) vs. Indiana Pacers(6)

Cleveland Cavaliers(4) vs. Washington Wizards(5)

And here are the playoff rosters!
    http://www.nba.com/playoff_rosters_060420.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Liam90 wrote:
    WEST

San Antonio Spurs(1) vs. Sacramento Kings(8)

Phoenix Suns(2) vs. Los Angeles Lakers(7)

Denver Nuggets(3) vs. Los Angeles Clippers(6)

Dallas Mavericks(4) vs. Memphis Grizzlies(5)

EAST

Detriot Pistons(1) vs. Milwaukee Bucks(8)

Miami Heat(2) vs. Chicago Bulls(7)

New Jersey Nets(3) vs. Indiana Pacers(6)

Cleveland Cavaliers(4) vs. Washington Wizards(5)

And here are the playoff rosters!
    http://www.nba.com/playoff_rosters_060420.html

Right well i think spurs, nuggets, mavericks and clippers will take the first round in the west. I'd be slightly inclined to say that the lakers could probably coz up an upset against the suns but I'll just have to wait and see.

Pistons, heat, nets & cavs in the east.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

watched the lakers phoenix game last night.... was pretty good. i cant see lakers taking the series... phoenix were lethal from outside... kobe was pretty silent till the last 2 mins... hit a three to bring them within 3pts and was hit on the head on the way to the basket.. no foul called and he didnt stop complaining about it... shudda hit him harder IMO...

does anyone know if coolstreaming is still up and running? with only one game a week until the finals on sky id like to see the nets pacers somewhere...

suprised to see nets loose at home to pacers.. close game tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

I've signed up to www.streamtvnow.com but I was at the final fours (DMBB) over the weekend and keeping away from the computer so I never got a chance to see how it works. Anyone else signed up to it?

It's only 3 euros a month, which would be well worth it for the playoffs alone!

phil wrote:
    I've signed up to www.streamtvnow.com but I was at the final fours (DMBB) over the weekend and keeping away from the computer so I never got a chance to see how it works. Anyone else signed up to it?

It's only 3 euros a month, which would be well worth it for the playoffs alone!
    Yeah its a good buy phil. It has an easy set up guide on there and it has alot of games and different sports.

Where you playing or watching?

My old team Eanna (i'll be back in October) lost to Vincents by 6.

Playing, well bench playing :)

Eanna played well against Vincents... I saw the tail end of the match. We (Clondalkin) bet Vincents in the final and took the final four. Vincents had the league wrapped up a few weeks ago on points difference.

• Advertisement

phil wrote:
    Playing, well bench playing :)

Eanna played well against Vincents... I saw the tail end of the match. We (Clondalkin) bet Vincents in the final and took the final four. Vincents had the league wrapped up a few weeks ago on points difference.

Fair play, I presume there was some consumption of alcohol afterwards :p

I'll be back next year, just started back trainnig yesterday. Early I know but I've a some competition now at my positions so I wanna make sure I get that starting place.

Yeh, small volumes of alcoholic beverages were consumed in Quinlans of Clondalkin afterwards ... :D

Nice to beat Vincents considering they beat us in the national league semi-final and nipped us at the post for the D1 title itself. What position you normally play for Vincents again?

Will there be scrimmage games going on over the summer or anything, or are you just training yourself?

I play with Eanna dude :rolleyes:

Anyway, yeah they're should be scrimmage for us each week. Gonna try get to another team's scrimmage though, just for the old fitness.

I played a 5 the year before this one as there was nobody else but as you seen Eanna play, they've got 2 big lads now so I might be put down to 3/4. hopefully a 3 as that's my natural position.

D'oh yeh Eanna ... bit of a brainfart!

If you're looking for players for scrimmaging let me know!

phil wrote:
    D'oh yeh Eanna ... bit of a brainfart!

If you're looking for players for scrimmaging let me know!

Yeah will do Phil.

Sure they'd the U17's up playing a few weeks ago on my first game back in a year, man those kids can run :p

• Advertisement

Any team I've seen trained by Mick White runs like crazy! :)

With StreamTV, Channel 20 shows TNT which should have playoff stuff on it. Channel 1 is NBATV ... beware if you're a Linux or Mac/OSX user, a lot of the streams are encoded with codecs that are Windows only, but Channel 20 looks ok and I've been able to play it with VLC (videolan.org).

Schedules and channels for playoffs are at http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/schedule

The easiest games to watch are the mid-afternoon games on the weekend (1-3pm) ... EST in the states is 6/7 hours behind us here, so 7pm-10pm games are on in the wee hours of the morning.

Phil.

phil wrote:
    Any team I've seen trained by Mick White runs like crazy! :)

Understatement of the millenium :p

Can't wait for tonight :(

I'll see what the numbers are like and report back here.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

So any teams training for the summer.. I know mick white. Been to a train session or two.. They aint as hard as Joey Boylen a vincents coach. Im looking for a bit off training for the summer.. few pic up games as well.. Play in templeogue at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

Great game on earlier between the Lakers and the Suns. Lakers get a steal with 7.9 seconds to go, down two and Kobe sends to OT. Then with 6 seconds to go in OT, Lakers down 1, they get a jump ball and Kobe nails it at the buzzer.

http://abc2.eu/videos/lakers1.wmv
    http://abc2.eu/videos/lakers2.wmv

lakers1.jpg

lakers2.jpg

lakers3.jpg

lakers4.jpg

lakers5.jpg

lakers6.jpg

lakers7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

that was one of the best games i have seen in a long time, what a shot by kobe to take it to overtime and then to win it.

I don't think nash deserved back to back MVP, i think either kobe or dirk deserved it most

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

ro2 wrote:
    lakers3.jpg
    [/IMG]

what was up with that? its clearly a jump ball but nash was really pissed with the call, did nash feel he was fouled in the process or did he try call a time out before the ball was held up and the ref didn't hear him? i would like to here what nash has to say on the subject

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/0501suns0501.html

He said he got bumped, but wasn't going for a timeout.

There's been some good series so far, not at all going as I predicted :(:p

Seems that the seeding doesn't mean anything this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Fantastic match, best I have seen in ages. Watched the repeat again on Monday evening as well :) Not particularly a Lakers fan but they did deserve it. Its in their own hands now, leading 3-1 in ther series.

• Advertisement

Series at 3-2 to the Lakers after last nights performance.

It's on now!! Hopefully Phoenix can take the next game in LA and keep home court for a 4-3 win ... *fingers crossed*

phil wrote:
    Series at 3-2 to the Lakers after last nights performance.

It's on now!! Hopefully Phoenix can take the next game in LA and keep home court for a 4-3 win ... *fingers crossed*

I think the Lakers might take this one.

Good game last night between cavs & wizards, Lebron getting into foul trouble did nothing to hurt the cavs as they continued to score without him. Ronald murray especially stepped up big and contributed 12 points. Saying that Arenas had a phenomenal game and I can't wait to see game 6 as I'd say it's going to be a great game.

I also hope that the bulls take game 6 tonight in their series, the heat have done nothing to warrant a place in the next round. Frankly the bulls out played them in the last 3 games and I think that they deserve it more.

On the nets vs. pacers, Jermaine is going to have to step up big if he wants to playing next week, has had a good series and will have to dominate tonight in order to keep the series alive.

Phoenix/Lakers series tied at 3 all now. Game 7 being played on Saturday night in Phoenix so definitely a great chance of taking that.

Lakers have shown the same inconsistency in the front court they've been plagued with all season!

Heat gone through, Pacers out with Nets going through, Clippers through and of course Dallas through with a sweep.

Suns, Spurs and Cavaliers to take their respective series.

Any more word on those scrimmages btw?

phil wrote:
    Phoenix/Lakers series tied at 3 all now. Game 7 being played on Saturday night in Phoenix so definitely a great chance of taking that.

Lakers have shown the same inconsistency in the front court they've been plagued with all season!

Any more word on those scrimmages btw?

I watched this game last night (thank god I've no work today :D). Amazing game, Kobe put on a great show but 50 points wasn't good enough.

Defo going to watch game 7 tomorrow night.

As for the scrimmages, there not going to be scrimmages afaik, it's going to be training. We had our first session on wednesday for an hour and then we've another one next wednesday. Then there's a 2 week break for the exams :rolleyes:.

If the weather's good I might try get down to the courts on gardiner street tomorrow or Sunday.

Lakers vs. Suns game 7 has just finished, Kobe choked(couldn't be happier about it either), Suns played them off the court. Hammered them.

Quick honourable mention to Pat Burke who came on with a few minutes left and hit an enormous 3 pointer (not that it mattered) but it was from about 30 odd feet out.

Classic Detroit basketball. Welcome to the NBA Playoffs Lebron! :)

Detroit up by 2 now, Dallas & spurs tied at 1. Didn't get to see either game :(

I'm trying to check out the highlights over on the NBA site, anybody else having problems getting into it?

Yeh, I had problems last night trying to access it. Was getting some weird ass sounding guy saying "URL not found" with some funky background swirling video.

I've been using davka to get the games, pretty good quality most of them!

Good win for Detroit. A few classsic moves by Lebron but as Jordan once said Defence wins games... wins Championships :)

• Advertisement

3 decider games in the next 24 hours, any guesses on who goes through?

I'm going to go with Spurs, Suns & Pistions (Althouh I'd like the Cavs to go through)

Advertisement