Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerickman wins North Pole Marathon

Options
  • 22-04-2006 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

Legend.

Novelist Michael Collins wins North Pole Marathon

Bellingham novelist Michael Collins won last Saturday's North Pole Marathon, besting 53 other competitors from around the globe in the ultra running event at the top of the world.

Collins, a 41-year-old native of Limerick, Ireland, completed the challenging course in 4 hours, 28 minutes, a half hour ahead of his nearest challenger. The race took place in temperatures as low as minus-9 degrees.

Dr. Heidi Collins talked to her husband after he won the event and reported, "You could tell he was stunned by how difficult the race was.

It was very hard fought, despite Michael's margin of victory, and he said there was no moment in the race when you could assume you were going to win. It was that challenging."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭scrattletrap

Good on him, inspiration to us all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

was he on today 2fm a few months back? I think he was taking part in various hardcore marathons across the world.. or it could be someone else..

but anyway,,,fair play..i can barely run to the shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Sunn wrote:
    was he on today 2fm a few months back? I think he was taking part in various hardcore marathons across the world.. or it could be someone else..

but anyway,,,fair play..i can barely run to the shop

It was him, he won the Sahara Marathon too, legend, absolute legend

Advertisement