Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

eBay Motors, how reliable

Options
  • 22-04-2006 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Thinking of going for what appears to be a "too good to be true" deal on ebay motors... the seller has no rating, is there anything in particular I should do to avoid getting stung?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Yes - don't bid.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

ainran wrote:
    Thinking of going for what appears to be a "too good to be true" deal on ebay motors... the seller has no rating, is there anything in particular I should do to avoid getting stung?

Have you discussed the car with the seller on the phone? Does the car sound good? Does the seller sound ok? Are you comfortable that you have all the information required to buy a car unseen?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

ainran wrote:

If you really want the car then pay the seller a deposit (£50) thru paypal and tell them you'll pay the rest when you collect. If the worst comes to worst, you can get the 50 quid back from paypal and you're only loss is your Ryanair tickets cost! (There and back obviously :D )

Best thing tho would to talk on the phone and guage what sort of a person they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Be very careful, there's some serious rubbish being sold through ebay. I know of two people who were caught with cars that they had to spend a load of money just to get them roadworthy.

Advertisement