Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What horsepower are the 1.6 Impreza`s?

• 22-04-2006 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

I was wondering this. Would a 1.6integra be a way better car. I know the integras are around 120horses so if the wee scooby isnt 120 i dont see the point in them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭ando

1.6 Impreza. Hmm I'd be supprised if this is right, but according to a few websites I've been on, the 1.6 is only putting out 88HP, you'd be better off with a 1.4 Focus for insurance etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭5500

Yep 1.6 impreza wouldnt pull the skin off custard - there very sluggish.

If your looking at a teg just make sure its the fuel injection and not twin carb one.You can also get them in vtec with the B16 engine and insurance isnt mad on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the new ones are 95bhp. Bear in mind that its 4 wheel drive too,

It weighs the same as a Focus, so my money'd be on the Subaru to be quicker, especially in the bends.

the new ones are 95bhp. Bear in mind that its 4 wheel drive too,

It weighs the same as a Focus, so my money'd be on the Subaru to be quicker, especially in the bends.

colm_mcm wrote:
    especially in the bends.

the focus is no slouch in the bends. The Focus RS was faster than the WRX around a tarmac track

• Advertisement

Are you saying all wheel drive isn't any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Optimus

colm_mcm wrote:
    Are you saying all wheel drive isn't any good?
    No, hes saying the RS went around the track faster WRX.

I think he was insinuating that the 1.4 Focus bore some resemblance to the RS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Nah, im not lookin at getting 1, my friend is always on about getting 1 with the sti kit. Stupid if you ask me. Whats all this talk about focus`s. I hate foci and i hate it even worse the way everyone keeps comparing every car you mention to a fookin ould focus.

A focu shouldnt even be mentioned in a thread concerning subarus and integras even if the subaru in question is not worth a fook. Honda`s all the way! :)

Octavia anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

colm_mcm wrote:
    Octavia anyone?

Every thread. Gotta love them versatile Octavias. I'd say go for an Integra though you're asking for your car to be nicked I reckon.

colm_mcm wrote:
    I think he was insinuating that the 1.4 Focus bore some resemblance to the RS

It is, stick some alloys and a paintjob and away you go with your 6grand RS ;) What I was insinuating was that the Focus, any Focus handles very well, not that awd is crap, jeez... an old 88hp 1.6 subara vs a 1.4 focus round a tarmac track, my money would be on the focus if there wasnt many long straights :D

enough with the focus, i'll be quite now

but the Impreza is 95bhp and the Focus 75bhp

All the lift off oversteer in the world won't change that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 guijoefos

i drive a 1.6 impreza and coincidentally just raced a focus the other day and it hadnt a hope of catching me on the straight and the way i drive round bends it mightve struggled to keep with me then as well. scoobies all the way. best cars ever no matter what model:D:D:D:D. focus suck big time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

This thread is 4 years old. Do not bump old threads without good reason. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement