Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuner Failures

• 22-04-2006 1:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭

Hi all - nice too see the new, dedicated forum!

My MCE is proving to be a bit of a Jekyll/Hyde experience. When it works, it works fine, recording away. I bought it before Christmas, from Harvey Norman's. It's a Hewlett Packard 7240 - nice wireless keyboard / mouse, as well as a good MCE remote. Fairly quiet too.

It has no problem waking up / going back to sleep. However, lately, I've been getting more and more "Tuner Failures" when trying to record stuff (from Sky One and RTE 2 most of the time - I've got NTL analogue).

Is it that my signal is not that strong enough, and MCE gives up the ghost when trying to record. The card detects as an "Asustek II Europa Hybrid Capture Device". Maybe I should rip it out and put in a Hauppage ?

Also, every so often (once a month or so) it completly loses all channels and I have to run the MCE reset wizard, re-detect the channels and re-assign the EPG listings to them. I've no idea what causes it.

Am I alone in the world with this crap - or are there others out there that the same happens to them? :)

I'm looking at getting NTL Digital in the near future. Hopefully, between that and perhaps changing the capture card I'll be able to get a reliable system :/

Sorry for the rant...but I've just come in, to find that the bloody thing has failed *again* to record something:mad:

Advertisement