Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nofx

• 22-04-2006 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭

im just starting this post to find out if its just me or do nofx completely suck now, i mean for example 'the marxist brothers' is a blatent mix between london calling and bottles to the ground, seeing double at the triple rock is poor at best for them. altogther i just feel that theyve got way too whiney and preachy, i mean im all for political punk (good riddance being one of my favorite bands) but nofx have taken it to another level, they released a song called 'your wrong' which basically tells you to think of yourself as a moron if you believe anything he thinks is wrong, which is just as supremist and up your own ass as the politicians they are bitching about, if they come to ireland im going to be very tempted to boycott it this time (unless the swingin utters come back) and i rambled like this just to get everyone elses opinion

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

New album is ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

They were never good in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

The first album was pretty good, they turned kinda ****e after it though. You might actually like that one Anarchist. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i lurve them, but the new album seems to be piss poor...i'm sure a few of the songs will grow on me.
    if they come here again i'll deffo go and see them though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

USA hole.

Like the name. That's about it so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yeah I agree. I thought ' youre wrong' was completely self important on their part. I think their new material is a bit too well polished IMO. They seem to have lost a lot of their rawness in the last number of years.
    As to them coming back I'm not sure that they will. Mike wasnt too impressed with people spitting at him last time they played here. That was a bit unfair though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Always thought it was just Americanised sounding crap along with Rancid, Pennywise and a few others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭joenailface

yea hes always moaning about people spitting on him at gigs, maybe if he didnt moan about it so much they wouldnt do it ****ing hell lars frederiksen got hit in the face with a shoe in nottingham and just said 'that was uncalled for, oh well' and kept playing, yea they really went downhill after pump up the valuum (not that its that great either) i just dont get it, it was a big 8 year winning streak from white thrash to the decline...kinda ironic

Well if someone was spitting at me I'd be pissed off too! Its just not a cool thing to do
    Yeah I agree, the decline was their last admirable piece of work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Why do they spit at him...........?
    And why would you bother to go to a gig to spit at the lead singer?

• Advertisement

Ag marbh wrote:
    Always thought it was just Americanised sounding crap along with Rancid, Pennywise and a few others.
    Americanised? they are American, fool.

the decline..
    that record blows me away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

ferdi wrote:
    Americanised? they are American, fool.

Fully aware of that but should have phrased it differently. Anyway i'm just expressing my hatred for **** punk rock.

fair dues, i was just expressing my hatred for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭quaidox

haven't heard the new cd yet, but i must admit, i do like the war on errorism.
    the decline is of course a gem.
    they have been going ****in yonks, so i'm sure the ideas dry up every now and then ! :)

Got the new album today...it's OK......not mind blowing ear-orgasmical and not as good as their older stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

I dont the new "album" is an album, its way too short, it has 6 tracks that are about 1 minute long....

Anyway I think they have some good stuff like the decline, the brews, franco unamerican etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

It's as much an album as any other, just because it's short doesn't make it not an album, and 1 min songs are deadly, who want's a big 3/4 minute pile of ****e, short snappy and to the point, excellent formula for a song. As for my oppinion on the band, meh, maybe 1/2 songs I can listen to, otherwise, no.

exiot wrote:
    I dont the new "album" is an album, its way too short, it has 6 tracks that are about 1 minute long....

Anyway I think they have some good stuff like the decline, the brews, franco unamerican etc..

lol, you should try listening to DRI and Haymaker.;)

exiot wrote:

You're thinkin of the EP "Never Trust A Hippy". It was released about a month before this album. The Album's called "Wolves in Wolves' clothing" and has 18 tracks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

I've been trying to give this album a good chance.But it's turning out to be pretty ****.I like 60%(the song).Most of the other stuff on it is kinda ****e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Brother To God

New NOFX album sucks just like the last one and the one before that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Janacopolis

Lads what the fu(k was wrong with 'Pump Up the Valuum'??

Lads what the fu(k was wrong with 'Pump Up the Valuum'??
    nothing, this forum is for harcore punks only, who spend there time telling others what is and is not punk instead of just concentrating on the music and living and let live.

ferdi wrote:
    nothing, this forum is for harcore punks only, who spend there time telling others what is and is not punk instead of just concentrating on the music and living and let live.

Hahahah. :D

ferdi wrote:

Or maybe this punk discussion forum is for people who are opioniated. But sure, whatever floats your boat etc etc.

Personally I only liked Nofx for a short while,they have a few good songs but nothing that really grabs me balls.

Fat Mike's nasaly voice always puts me off 'em as well though.:o

agreed but 90% of the 'discussion' on the forum is on the topic of whether bands are punk enough etc. its bull****.

I agree!! I'm glad someone else around here thinks the same thing. I've become slightly disillusioned with the punk scene as of late. Its completely gone against everything it stood for. It used to be a way of life and and outlet for people to be themselves without judgement from others. Nowadays its completely bull and more of an image than anything else!
    "You're only cool if you listen to this band" "You're not hardcore enough so I'm going to look down my nose at you"
    It's turning into something that it was never intended to be!

I invaded eirecore with blink 182 and greenday posters tbh ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Yea, MY posters!

Advertisement