Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

do people think less of a man with long hair

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

red_ice wrote:
    I travel alot (long distance relationship), and while i was in crewe train station, i spotted a tall dark skinned man, in a fine cut suit, and long dredlocks tied back. I feel dredlocks are the definitive feature of a bum, but this chap pulled them off big time, and looked sharp as a pin.

Having long hair doesnt make you a bum, your daily routine, and how you present yourself and go about your business(or lack of) is what makes you a bum.

Nail, hammered. I couldn't possibly agree more.

But I think one point people seem to have missed here is, you can have short hair and still be a complete scruffbag of a bum. If someone who has long hair happens to be a bum, I'd be willing to bet that they wouldn't go under a sudden transformation if they got it cut. Scruffy is as scruffy does and hair lenth doesn't come into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Pretty groomed long hair FTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

I personally have a thing for men with long hair (particularly long curly hair).

I don't see why anybody should think any less of somebody because they have chosen to grow their hair long. As several people have pointed out (specifically Karl Hungus), if you're going to be scruffy you're going to be scruffy, regardless of the length of your hair. Long hair does not equal a scruffbag.

Of course there are the general stereotypes associated with it, as there are with everything, but anyone who believes these is really not worth your time or effort.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Stereotypes as in, being like Jesus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Haha, well done Tar :)

Stereotypes as in being scruffy/unkept/lazy/dogdy/whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Stereotypes as in, being like Jesus?

Bless you my child ...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Lemming wrote:
    Bless you my child ...
    I don't remember you saying that in the star wars princess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Well then, I think that answers it. People don't think less of a man with long hair, they just think less of Lemming. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I've got longish curly hair, it looks shorter than it is because the lenght is caught up in the curls. It can be a pain to take care of sometimes mainly when it gets a bit frizzy. But when it decides to be nice it can look pretty presentable I have to say, tend to get a good few compliaments which is nice ;)

Oh and I'm 16, been growing it for about 3.5 - 4 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Well then, I think that answers it. People don't think less of a man with long hair, they just think less of Lemming. :p

/me sniffles :confused:

Lemming wrote:
    /me sniffles :confused:
    Typical woman. Deal with it.

Advertisement